Online-Educa Moscow 2007

  • Moira Hunter
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2007
      Hi all,

      I'd like to share some pictures with you from Moscow http://moirahunter.multiply.com/ I presented at Online-Educa Moscow and was invited by the Ministry of Science and Education to speak at a second conference called The Russian National Learning Environment 2007 Forum which also included a visit to The Moscow University of Industry and Finance, which was a definite eye-opener!

      Sadly,
      Vera and I did not meet up as Vera lives some three days away from
      Moscow but I did meet up with Mabel Quiroga as you can see in the pictures which was great! Although I didn't meet Ibrahim, I did think I should have paid more attention to all the Russian words he wanted to teach me before going! Sorry Ibrahim, I wasn't a good student :-( Thank you Horacio for your wonderful blog on the Moscow underground! It is really amazing (and hot) but I had to permanently have a plan with the normal alphabet and a plan with the cyrillic alphabet in my pocket to decipher the directions :-)

      This was my first visit to Russia and for me, Moscow is a city of contrasts. And so many contrasts, that I'm not sure where to start. But I am intrigued by this city and I'm going to learn more as I am very lucky to have a few Russian students (who studied architecture in Moscow) in my Architecture and Urban Planning Masters course here in Paris, so I have already been asking them to tell me things about the tremendous constructions going on in their city. It's amazing - renovations and contruction everywhere! Money, money, money! And of course, Norman Foster is there ;-)

      Cheers
      Moira

    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2007
        Dear Moira,

        Thanks for sharing. I just loved your photos.

        I had this wonderful interaction with Lena, a Russian professor, her student
        and my student, too, about Brazil and Russia you might be interested in. It
        all started with a Brazilian movie, but it went on to different cultural
        issues. I learned a lot from this blog interaction.
        http://brazilandbrazilians.blogspot.com/

        Beijos,
        Carla

        On 10/28/07, Moira Hunter <moira_hunter2005@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'd like to share some pictures with you from Moscow
        > http://moirahunter.multiply.com/ I presented at Online-Educa Moscow and
        > was invited by the Ministry of Science and Education to speak at a second
        > conference called The Russian National Learning Environment 2007 Forum which
        > also included a visit to The Moscow University of Industry and Finance,
        > which was a definite eye-opener!
        >
        > Sadly,
        > Vera and I did not meet up as Vera lives some three days away from
        > Moscow but I did meet up with Mabel Quiroga as you can see in the pictures
        > which was great! Although I didn't meet Ibrahim, I did think I should have
        > paid more attention to all the Russian words he wanted to teach me before
        > going! Sorry Ibrahim, I wasn't a good student :-( Thank you Horacio for your
        > wonderful blog on the Moscow underground! It is really amazing (and hot) but
        > I had to permanently have a plan with the normal alphabet and a plan with
        > the cyrillic alphabet in my pocket to decipher the directions :-)
        >
        > This was my first visit to Russia and for me, Moscow is a city of
        > contrasts. And so many contrasts, that I'm not sure where to start. But I am
        > intrigued by this city and I'm going to learn more as I am very lucky to
        > have a few Russian students (who studied architecture in Moscow) in my
        > Architecture and Urban Planning Masters course here in Paris, so I have
        > already been asking them to tell me things about the tremendous
        > constructions going on in their city. It's amazing - renovations and
        > contruction everywhere! Money, money, money! And of course, Norman Foster is
        > there ;-)
        >
        > Cheers
        > Moira

      • Jane Petring
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
          Moira,
          I loved your Moscow pictures...and was relieved to see how familiar they looked even though it was `76 when I was in Moscow!

          Jane

        • Moira Hunter
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007
            Hi Carla,

            Thanks for the link - I remember you posting about this before :-)

            On 10/28/07, Moira Hunter <moira_hunter2005@ yahoo.com> wrote:

            > Hi all,

            > I'd like to share some pictures with you from Moscow

            > http://moirahunter. multiply. com/ I presented at Online-Educa Moscow and

            > was invited by the Ministry of Science and Education to speak at a second

            > conference called The Russian National Learning Environment 2007 Forum which

            > also included a visit to The Moscow University of Industry and Finance,

            > which was a definite eye-opener!

            > Sadly,

            > Vera and I did not meet up as Vera lives some three days away from

            > Moscow but I did meet up with Mabel Quiroga as you can see in the pictures

            > which was great! Although I didn't meet Ibrahim, I did think I should have

            > paid more attention to all the Russian words he wanted to teach me before

            > going! Sorry Ibrahim, I wasn't a good student :-( Thank you Horacio for your

            > wonderful blog on the Moscow underground! It is really amazing (and hot) but

            > I had to permanently have a plan with the normal alphabet and a plan with

            > the cyrillic alphabet in my pocket to decipher the directions :-)

            > This was my first visit to Russia and for me, Moscow is a city of

            > contrasts. And so many contrasts, that I'm not sure where to start. But I am

            > intrigued by this city and I'm going to learn more as I am very lucky to

            > have a few Russian students (who studied architecture in Moscow) in my

            > Architecture and Urban Planning Masters course here in Paris, so I have

            > already been asking them to tell me things about the tremendous

            > constructions going on in their city. It's amazing - renovations and

            > contruction everywhere! Money, money, money! And of course, Norman Foster is

            > there ;-)

            > Cheers

            > Moira

            > Do You Yahoo!?

            > http://mail. yahoo.com

            <!--

            #ygrp-mkp{
            #ygrp-mkp hr{
            border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
            #ygrp-mkp #hd{
            #ygrp-mkp #ads{
            margin-bottom:10px;}
            #ygrp-mkp .ad{
            padding:0 0;}
            #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
            color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
            -->

            <!--

            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
            font-family:Arial;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
            margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
            -->

            <!--

            #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
            #ygrp-text{
            font-family:Georgia;
            }
            #ygrp-text p{
            margin:0 0 1em 0;}
            #ygrp-tpmsgs{
            font-family:Arial;
            clear:both;}
            #ygrp-vitnav{
            #ygrp-vitnav a{
            padding:0 1px;}
            #ygrp-actbar{
            #ygrp-actbar .left{
            float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
            .bld{font-weight:bold;}
            #ygrp-grft{
            #ygrp-ft{
            padding:5px 0;
            }
            #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
            padding-bottom:10px;}

            #ygrp-vital{
            #ygrp-vital #vithd{
            #ygrp-vital ul{
            padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
            #ygrp-vital ul li{
            }
            #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
            #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
            font-weight:bold;}
            #ygrp-vital a{
            text-decoration:none;}

            #ygrp-vital a:hover{
            text-decoration:underline;}

            #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
            color:#999;font-size:77%;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
            padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
            text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
            padding:8px 0;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
            text-decoration:none;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
            text-decoration:underline;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
            margin:0;}
            o{font-size:0;}
            .MsoNormal{
            margin:0 0 0 0;}
            #ygrp-text tt{
            font-size:120%;}
            blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
            .replbq{margin:4;}
            -->

          • Cora Chen
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 13, 2007
              Dear Moira,
              Congratulations on your successful presentation in Russia!
              I enjoyed your beautiful pictures very much.
              Hugs,
              Cora

              On 10/28/07, Moira Hunter <moira_hunter2005@ yahoo.com> wrote:

              > Hi all,

              > I'd like to share some pictures with you from Moscow

              > http://moirahunter. multiply. com/ I presented at Online-Educa Moscow
              and

              > was invited by the Ministry of Science and Education to speak at a
              second

              > conference called The Russian National Learning Environment 2007 Forum
              which

              > also included a visit to The Moscow University of Industry and
              Finance,

              > which was a definite eye-opener!

              > Sadly,

              > Vera and I did not meet up as Vera lives some three days away from

              > Moscow but I did meet up with Mabel Quiroga as you can see in the
              pictures

              > which was great! Although I didn't meet Ibrahim, I did think I should
              have

              > paid more attention to all the Russian words he wanted to teach me
              before

              > going! Sorry Ibrahim, I wasn't a good student :-( Thank you Horacio
              for your

              > wonderful blog on the Moscow underground! It is really amazing (and
              hot) but

              > I had to permanently have a plan with the normal alphabet and a plan
              with

              > the cyrillic alphabet in my pocket to decipher the directions :-)

              > This was my first visit to Russia and for me, Moscow is a city of

              > contrasts. And so many contrasts, that I'm not sure where to start.
              But I am

              > intrigued by this city and I'm going to learn more as I am very lucky

              > have a few Russian students (who studied architecture in Moscow) in my

              > Architecture and Urban Planning Masters course here in Paris, so I
              have

              > already been asking them to tell me things about the tremendous

              > constructions going on in their city. It's amazing - renovations and

              > contruction everywhere! Money, money, money! And of course, Norman
              Foster is

              > there ;-)

              > Cheers

              > Moira

              > Do You Yahoo!?

              > http://mail. yahoo.com

              <!--<~!B*+R^&><~!B*+R^&>#ygrp-mkp{<~!B*+R^&>border:1px solid
              #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:14px 0px;padding:0px 14px;}
              #ygrp-mkp hr{
              border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
              #ygrp-mkp #hd{
              0px;}
              #ygrp-mkp #ads{
              margin-bottom:10px;}
              #ygrp-mkp .ad{
              padding:0 0;}
              #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
              color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
              -->

              <!--<~!B*+R^&><~!B*+R^&>#ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
              font-family:Arial;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
              margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
              -->

              <!--<~!B*+R^&><~!B*+R^&>#ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,
              helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
              #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean,
              sans-serif;}
              #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
              #ygrp-text{
              font-family:Georgia;
              }
              #ygrp-text p{
              margin:0 0 1em 0;}
              #ygrp-tpmsgs{
              font-family:Arial;
              clear:both;}
              #ygrp-vitnav{
              #ygrp-vitnav a{
              padding:0 1px;}
              #ygrp-actbar{
              clear:both;margin:25px

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 14, 2007
                Hi Cora,

                Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you liked the pictures!
                Hugs back to you :-)
                Moira

                Congratulations on your successful presentation in Russia!

                I enjoyed your beautiful pictures very much.

                Hugs,

                Cora

                On 10/28/07, Moira Hunter <moira_hunter2005@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                > Hi all,

                > I'd like to share some pictures with you from Moscow

                > http://moirahunter. multiply. com/ I presented at Online-Educa Moscow

                and

                > was invited by the Ministry of Science and Education to speak at a

                second

                > conference called The Russian National Learning Environment 2007 Forum

                which

                > also included a visit to The Moscow University of Industry and

                Finance,

                > which was a definite eye-opener!

                > Sadly,

                > Vera and I did not meet up as Vera lives some three days away from

                > Moscow but I did meet up with Mabel Quiroga as you can see in the

                pictures

                > which was great! Although I didn't meet Ibrahim, I did think I should

                have

                > paid more attention to all the Russian words he wanted to teach me

                before

                > going! Sorry Ibrahim, I wasn't a good student :-( Thank you Horacio

                for your

                > wonderful blog on the Moscow underground! It is really amazing (and

                hot) but

                > I had to permanently have a plan with the normal alphabet and a plan

                with

                > the cyrillic alphabet in my pocket to decipher the directions :-)

                > This was my first visit to Russia and for me, Moscow is a city of

                > contrasts. And so many contrasts, that I'm not sure where to start.

                But I am

                > intrigued by this city and I'm going to learn more as I am very lucky

                > have a few Russian students (who studied architecture in Moscow) in my

                > Architecture and Urban Planning Masters course here in Paris, so I

                have

                > already been asking them to tell me things about the tremendous

                > constructions going on in their city. It's amazing - renovations and

                > contruction everywhere! Money, money, money! And of course, Norman

                Foster is

                > there ;-)

                > Cheers

                > Moira

                > Do You Yahoo!?

                > http://mail. yahoo.com

                <!--<~!B*+R^ &><~!B*+R^ &>#ygrp-mkp{ <~!B*+R^& >border:1px solid

                #d8d8d8;font- family:Arial; margin:14px 0px;padding: 0px 14px;}

                #ygrp-mkp hr{

                border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

                #ygrp-mkp #hd{

                color:#628c2a; font-size: 85%;font- weight:bold; line-height: 122%;margin: 10px

                0px;}

                #ygrp-mkp #ads{

                margin-bottom: 10px;}

                #ygrp-mkp .ad{

                padding:0 0;}

                #ygrp-mkp .ad a{

                color:#0000ff; text-decoration: none;}

                -->

                <!--<~!B*+R^ &><~!B*+R^ &>#ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{

                font-family: Arial;}

                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{

                margin:10px 0px;font-weight: bold;font- size:78%; line-height: 122%;}

                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{

                margin-bottom: 10px;padding: 0 0;}

                -->

                <!--<~!B*+R^ &><~!B*+R^ &>#ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family: arial,

                helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

                #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit; font:100% ;}

                #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean,

                sans-serif;}

                #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height: 1.22em;}

                #ygrp-text{

                font-family: Georgia;

                }

                #ygrp-text p{

                margin:0 0 1em 0;}

                #ygrp-tpmsgs{

                font-family: Arial;

                clear:both;}

                #ygrp-vitnav{

                padding-top: 10px;font- family:Verdana; font-size: 77%;margin: 0;}

                #ygrp-vitnav a{

                padding:0 1px;}

                #ygrp-actbar{

                clear:both;margin: 25px

                0;white-space: nowrap;color: #666;text- align:right; }

                #ygrp-actbar .left{

                float:left;white- space:nowrap; }

                .bld{font-weight: bold;}

                #ygrp-grft{

                font-family: Verdana;font- size:77%; padding:15px 0;}

                #ygrp-ft{

                font-family: verdana;font- size:77%; border-top: 1px solid #666;

                padding:5px 0;

                }

                #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{

                padding-bottom: 10px;}

                #ygrp-vital{

                background-color: #e0ecee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}

                #ygrp-vital #vithd{

                font-size:77% ;font-family: Verdana;font- weight:bold; color:#333; text-transform: uppercase; }

                #ygrp-vital ul{

                padding:0;margin: 2px 0;}

                #ygrp-vital ul li{

                list-style-type: none;clear: both;border: 1px solid #e0ecee;

                }

                #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

                font-weight: bold;color: #ff7900;float: right;width: 2em;text- align:right; padding-right: .5em;}

                #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{

                font-weight: bold;}

                #ygrp-vital a{

                text-decoration: none;}

                #ygrp-vital a:hover{

                text-decoration: underline; }

                #ygrp-sponsor #hd{

                color:#999;font- size:77%; }

                #ygrp-sponsor #ov{

                padding:6px 13px;background- color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom: 20px;}

                #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{

                padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0; }

                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{

                list-style-type: square;padding: 6px 0;font-size: 77%;}

                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{

                text-decoration: none;font- size:130% ;}

                #ygrp-sponsor #nc{

                background-color: #eee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:0 8px;}

                #ygrp-sponsor .ad{

                padding:8px 0;}

                #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

                font-family: Arial;font- weight:bold; color:#628c2a; font-size: 100%;line- height:122% ;}

                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{

                text-decoration: none;}

                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{

                text-decoration: underline; }