No access to Yahoo groups?

  • Gladys Baya
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2007
      Dear "wise people" all around,

      what might be preventing a Yahoo user to have access to Yahoo groups
      from a given computer? Once they've signed into Yahoo, they can see
      the group, but when they try to get access to it they get "unavailable
      page". I try at the same time from my own computer, and everything
      works perfectly on my side.

      This person is using IE, working from Spain, and the group is
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningwithcomputers/
      (As I'm clueless about the problem, I give you all the data I think
      might be relevant).

      I'd never seen this before!
      It's great to know I can always ask you, and eventually somebody will
      come up with an answer. Thanks for existing!

      Gladys

      PS: I haven't forgotten about my question on how to best publish
      student's recordings.. you'll hear "the end of the story" in a couple
      of days!
    • CJones
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2007
        Hi, Glays and all,

        I've had similar problems with "unavailable" Yahoo email and groups
        pages for over a week. I'm wondering if the problem is related to my
        Internet connection, my computer, or Yahoo. Usually, if I go back a
        web page and try again, it works, but not always. In my case, I have
        better luck in the morning hours based on GMT+4 and more difficulty
        in the evening. I feel like I've gone back to using dialup when I'm
        paying for dsl.

        Also, if I try to open different web pages in new web pages or tabs,
        none of them open. I can only open one at a time, but this varies
        with the time of day and web sites I'm trying to access, not just
        Yahoo.

        Chris Jones

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Gladys Baya"
        <gladysbaya@...> wrote:

        > Dear "wise people" all around,
        >
        > what might be preventing a Yahoo user to have access to Yahoo groups
        > from a given computer? Once they've signed into Yahoo, they can see
        > the group, but when they try to get access to it they
        get "unavailable
        > page". I try at the same time from my own computer, and everything
        > works perfectly on my side.
        >
        > This person is using IE, working from Spain, and the group is
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningwithcomputers/
        > (As I'm clueless about the problem, I give you all the data I think
        > might be relevant).
        >
        > I'd never seen this before!
        > It's great to know I can always ask you, and eventually somebody
        will
        > come up with an answer. Thanks for existing!
        >
        > Gladys
      • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
          Although I didn't hear anything official, Yahoo was very sluggish for
          a couple of days last week/over the weekend. This could be an Internet
          "attack" or just that the US stock market was very active during that
          time. Or Yahoo may have been fiddling with its servers.
          Sometimes you just have to empty the cache, close the browser, wait 10
          min. and try again.
          Cheers--
          --Elizabeth

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "CJones" <edtec2002@...>