Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Program for multiple choice questions?

  • cristina costa
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
      HI Dennis,

      you can have hotpotatoes, surveymokey or quizfaber for instance.

      The problem about hotpotatoes and quizzfaber is that you need to host it on a webserver. Survey monkey has its own server.

      http://www.lucagalli.net/
      http://hotpot.uvic.ca/
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/

      I have also come across the following links, but still haven't tried them:

      http://www.contentgenerator.net/multiplechoice/
      http://www.questionwriter.com/free-quiz-software.html

      hope it helps!

      Cris

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
        We like Hot Potato from Half Baked Software. You can make all types of
        quizes.
        Sharon
        http://hotpot.uvic.ca/

        Dennis Newson wrote:

        > Can anyone recommend a free program for creating a multiple choice quiz?
        > This is not for testing purposes, but for finding out how much members
        > know
        > about a certain website.
        >
        > Questions will be something like:
        >
        > Does BBC stand for:
        >
        > A. Better baby care
        > B. Biologically boosted conformity
        > C. British Broadcasting Company
        >
        > It would be enough if the program produced a score for each person who
        > takes
        > the quiz.
        >
        > Dennis
        >
        > --
        > Dennis Newson (retired)
        > University of Osnabrück
        > GERMANY
        > Webhead,
        > Discussion Moderator IATEFL YL SIG
        > Moderator of a number of other TEFL e-lists

      • Dennis Newson
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
          Cris,

          Very thankful suggestions. Thanks a lot.

          Dennis

        • Dennis Newson
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
            Sharon,

            Thanks!

          • Joao Alves
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 1, 2007
              Great links Cristina. I knew about the first three but I had never heard
              about the other two you mentioned.
              Thank you very much.

              Warm regards from the rainy Algarve at the moment.

              Joao

              On 01/10/2007, cristina costa <cristinacosta_pt@...> wrote:

              > HI Dennis,
              >
              > you can have hotpotatoes, surveymokey or quizfaber for instance.
              >
              > The problem about hotpotatoes and quizzfaber is that you need to host it
              > on a webserver. Survey monkey has its own server.
              >
              > http://www.lucagalli.net/
              > http://hotpot.uvic.ca/
              > http://www.surveymonkey.com/
              >
              > I have also come across the following links, but still haven't tried them:
              >
              > http://www.contentgenerator.net/multiplechoice/
              > http://www.questionwriter.com/free-quiz-software.html
              >
              > hope it helps!
              >
              > Cris

              Joao Alves

            • violeta.cautin
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
                And one to use for grading purposes??

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, cristina costa
                <cristinacosta_pt@...> wrote:

                > HI Dennis,
                >
                > you can have hotpotatoes, surveymokey or quizfaber for instance.
                >
                > The problem about hotpotatoes and quizzfaber is that you need to
                host it on a webserver. Survey monkey has its own server.

                > http://www.lucagalli.net/
                > http://hotpot.uvic.ca/
                > http://www.surveymonkey.com/
                >

                > I have also come across the following links, but still haven't
                tried them:

                > http://www.contentgenerator.net/multiplechoice/
                > http://www.questionwriter.com/free-quiz-software.html
                >
                > hope it helps!
                >
                > Cris

              • Carla arena
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
                  Violeta,

                  Although quia.com is paid ($49.00), it's worth every penny. We can access
                  what students did, keep track of their scores, their answers, etc...You can
                  have class pages and roster. There are many options of different types of
                  quizzes and surveys. You can have a month-free trial.

                  Carla

                  On 10/2/07, violeta.cautin <violeta.cautin@...> wrote:

                  > And one to use for grading purposes??
                  >
                  > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com<evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > cristina costa
                  > <cristinacosta_pt@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > HI Dennis,
                  > >
                  > > you can have hotpotatoes, surveymokey or quizfaber for instance.
                  > >
                  > > The problem about hotpotatoes and quizzfaber is that you need to
                  > host it on a webserver. Survey monkey has its own server.
                  > >
                  > > http://www.lucagalli.net/
                  > > http://hotpot.uvic.ca/
                  > > http://www.surveymonkey.com/
                  > >

                  > > I have also come across the following links, but still haven't
                  > tried them:
                  > >
                  > > http://www.contentgenerator.net/multiplechoice/
                  > > http://www.questionwriter.com/free-quiz-software.html
                  > >
                  > > hope it helps!
                  > >
                  > > Cris

                • Squires, Robert
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
                    Dennis,

                    If you're looking for a more general tool for keeping track
                    of grades, I would recommend Snapgrades. You can have a free trial for
                    45 days, then it costs $40/year. I have been using it for about a year
                    and it's been extremely useful. Several of the staff here also use the
                    software.

                    Robert Squires

                    Assistant Director

                    English Language Institute

                    The University of Montana

                    Missoula, MT

                    59812

                    (406) 243-2232

                    robert.squires@... <mailto:robert.squires@...>

                    www.umt.edu.oip/elp <http://www.umt.edu.oip/elp>

                    ________________________________

                    <mailto:violeta.cautin%40gmail.com> > wrote:

                    > And one to use for grading purposes??
                    >
                    > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>
                    <evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    > cristina costa
                    > <cristinacosta_pt@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > HI Dennis,
                    > >
                    > > you can have hotpotatoes, surveymokey or quizfaber for instance.
                    > >
                    > > The problem about hotpotatoes and quizzfaber is that you need to
                    > host it on a webserver. Survey monkey has its own server.
                    > >
                    > > http://www.lucagalli.net/ <http://www.lucagalli.net/>
                    > > http://hotpot.uvic.ca/ <http://hotpot.uvic.ca/>
                    > > http://www.surveymonkey.com/ <http://www.surveymonkey.com/>
                    > >

                    > > I have also come across the following links, but still haven't
                    > tried them:
                    > >
                    > > http://www.contentgenerator.net/multiplechoice/
                    <http://www.contentgenerator.net/multiplechoice/>
                    > > http://www.questionwriter.com/free-quiz-software.html
                    <http://www.questionwriter.com/free-quiz-software.html>

                    > > hope it helps!
                    > >
                    > > Cris

                  • Nina Liakos
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
                      For managing grades and attendance, I use Engrade (http://engrade.com),
                      although I must admit as it becomes more popular the server is often busy,
                      requiring great patience on the part of users (teacher + students).

                      Nina Liakos