Webheads in Second Life - Monday night tours / discussions

  • Graham Stanley
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      apologies for cross-posting...

      nothing special planned this week, but the Webheads have moved to a new site
      on Edunation, so it may be a good time to take a look and decide how best to
      use this space - your ideas are very welcome!

      Come to the new Webheads HQ in Edunation (IM Baldric Commons if you get
      lost) for an informal get-together

      See you there,

      Graham / Baldric

      Graham Stanley
      http://blog-efl.blogspot.com

    • Gavin Dudeney
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
        Folks,

        Well, we had a friendly little chat on some beanbags... Second Life wasn�t
        being too well-behaved as we met while a rolling re-start was going on, so
        EduNation III had ceased to exist. Anyway, we had a chat (text and voice),
        watched a video or two and played with a Flickr image browser. I believe
        Graham will write more and post some images, when he�s had some sleep.

        With regard to the new space, it�s 2048 metres with 500 prims going and
        building is on for everyone, so it�s time to get creative. Also, if you plan
        to use it at all in teaching, please let me know so that I can invite you to
        the TCE group and you can use the tools in the centre of the island (video,
        audio, PowerPoint, teaching decks, etc.). If you�re in the Consultants-E
        group you can control all the gadgets...

        Gavin

        c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

        Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

        HYPERLINK "http://www.theconsultants-e.com/"http://www.theconsultants-e.com

        Winners of a 2007 British Council ELTON award - HYPERLINK
        "http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54"http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54

        Owners of the Second Life EduNation sims - HYPERLINK
        "http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw"http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw

        Sponsors of the UK Moodle Conference - HYPERLINK
        "http://www.moodlemoot.org/"http://www.moodlemoot.org

        CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

        From: Graham Stanley

        nothing special planned this week, but the Webheads have moved to a new site
        on Edunation, so it may be a good time to take a look and decide how best to
        use this space - your ideas are very welcome!

        :01

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        21:01

      • Gavin Dudeney
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
          Hi All,

          Another in public beta:

          http://www.scenecaster.com/view22/web/beta.jsp

          Doesn't look like user-created content is possible, but might be worth a
          look for younger learners where the safe environment is important.

          Winners of a 2007 British Council ELTON award - http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54
          Owners of the Second Life EduNation sims - http://tinyurl.com/34l8mw
          Sponsors of the UK Moodle Conference - http://www.moodlemoot.org

          CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          21:01
        • FOCUS - INGLES EMPRESARIAL
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
            Hi Gavin!

            Great....I've just visited Edunation III and could see the buildings there
            on offer to rent. I wish I could organize some classes in the near future,
            basically focused on adults, which my area is.

            Thanks for the offer and wish just to see how all those gudgets work before
            planning the class.

            Alicia
            wonderalica

            Prof.Alicia Barbitta
            www.focus.edu.uy
            099 591 519 - 916 09 95 /21-22

            From: Graham Stanley

            nothing special planned this week, but the Webheads have moved to a new site
            on Edunation, so it may be a good time to take a look and decide how best to
            use this space - your ideas are very welcome!

            :01

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            21:01

            Yahoo! Groups Links