Re: More...Webhead Fun Meeting in South Beach, Miami

  • Joao Carlos Alves
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
      Hello Teresa

      Thank you for welcoming me. I'm new to this community but I've been
      reading all the posts very attentively. It's an amazing community. I'm
      glad that I can be a member of it.

      I'm starting to use ICT in the classroom after having been involved
      with computers for quite a long time, especially as a tool in
      everything I need to do.

      This year I'll be teaching just two German classes, a 10th and a 12th
      grade. I am afraid I am a bit luckier than you are because I'll have
      less than 30 pupils. :)

      Where do you teach?

      Kind regards,
      Joao

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca"
      <tmvaz@...> wrote:

      > Hello Joao!
      >
      > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
      > community.
      >
      > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It
      faces the
      > Old Golf Course.
      >
      > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th
      grades. I'll
      > have over 100 students. :-(
      >
      > Best, Teresa
      >

      > Hello Teresa
      > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
      > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.
      > Kind regards,
      > Joao

    • cristina costa
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
        Hi Joao,

        great to meet you here. Webheads rule!!!! I have learned so much since i have joined the community!

        Looking forward to seeing what you will do with your German students.

        Cris

        <tmvaz@...> wrote:

        > Hello Joao!

        > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful

        > community.

        > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It

        faces the

        > Old Golf Course.

        > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th

        grades. I'll

        > have over 100 students. :-(

        > Best, Teresa

        > Hello Teresa

        > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the

        > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.

        > Kind regards,

        > Joao

        <!--

        #ygrp-mkp{
        #ygrp-mkp hr{
        border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
        #ygrp-mkp #hd{
        #ygrp-mkp #ads{
        margin-bottom:10px;}
        #ygrp-mkp .ad{
        padding:0 0;}
        #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
        color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
        -->

        <!--

        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
        font-family:Arial;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
        margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
        -->

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a{
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o{font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal{
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq{margin:4;}
        -->

      • Joao Carlos Alves
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
          Hi Cristina

          I'm glad to meet you here, too. You were the first webhead I met in
          knowplace, appart from Elderbob. He's also a webhead which I didn't
          know when I first met him.

          I'm also looking forward to seeing what I'll do with my students this
          year. I'd like to try the blog. I'll see what I can do. Anyway, I'll
          will go using moodle like last year but I would like to try something
          else, too.

          Kind regards,
          Joao

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, cristina costa
          <cristinacosta_pt@...> wrote:

          > Hi Joao,
          >
          > great to meet you here. Webheads rule!!!! I have learned so much
          since i have joined the community!

          > Looking forward to seeing what you will do with your German students.
          >

          > Cris

          South Beach, Miami

          > Hello Teresa
          >

          > Thank you for welcoming me. I'm new to this community but I've been
          >
          > reading all the posts very attentively. It's an amazing community. I'm
          >
          > glad that I can be a member of it.
          >

          > I'm starting to use ICT in the classroom after having been involved
          >
          > with computers for quite a long time, especially as a tool in
          >
          > everything I need to do.
          >

          > This year I'll be teaching just two German classes, a 10th and a 12th
          >
          > grade. I am afraid I am a bit luckier than you are because I'll have
          >
          > less than 30 pupils. :)
          >

          > Where do you teach?
          >

          > Kind regards,
          >
          > Joao
          >

          > --- In evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca"
          >
          > <tmvaz@> wrote:
          >

          > > Hello Joao!
          >

          > > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
          >
          > > community.
          >

          > > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It
          >
          > faces the
          >
          > > Old Golf Course.
          >

          > > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th
          >
          > grades. I'll
          >
          > > have over 100 students. :-(
          >

          > > Best, Teresa
          >

          > > Hello Teresa
          >
          > > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
          >
          > > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.
          >
          > > Kind regards,
          >
          > > Joao

          > <!--
          >
          > #ygrp-mkp{
          0px;padding:0px 14px;}
          > #ygrp-mkp hr{
          > border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
          > #ygrp-mkp #hd{

          0px;}

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
            Hi, Joao!

            I teach in Parede, suburbs of Lisbon, where I live. It's right by the ocean.
            The school is Escola EB 2,3 de Sto. Antonio.

            Yes, you are going to be much luckier than me in number of students. :-)

            Many, many years ago, when Hotel Alvor opened, I used to go there with
            family for two wonderful weeks in August. I like that area very much, but
            we've stuck to Vilamoura since the late 1970s.

            <tmvaz@...> wrote:

            > Hello Joao!
            >
            > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
            > community.
            >
            > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It
            faces the
            > Old Golf Course.
            >
            > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th
            grades. I'll
            > have over 100 students. :-(
            >
            > Best, Teresa
            >

            > Hello Teresa
            > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
            > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.
            > Kind regards,
            > Joao

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Joao Carlos Alves
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
              I have an idea where your school is.

              Let's keep in touch and share knowledge within this fantastic community.

              <tmvaz@...> wrote:

              > Hi, Joao!
              >
              > I teach in Parede, suburbs of Lisbon, where I live. It's right by
              the ocean.
              > The school is Escola EB 2,3 de Sto. Antonio.
              >
              > Yes, you are going to be much luckier than me in number of students.
              :-)