Re: [evonline2002_webheads] More...Webhead Fun Meeting in South Beach, Miami

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
      Dear Teresa,

      I´m sure there´s something truly special in every single Webhead that makes
      this Community such a pleasant place to hang around, learn and share!

      Let us know how we can contribute to your classes with those cute students
      you´ve got!

      Beijos e saudades,
      Carla

      On 9/1/07, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Susan and Carla!
      >
      > Looks like you all had a wonderful time together! Great albums!
      >
      > As to why "Webheads have such an automatic bond when they meet", Susan...
      > well, because we're a "very special" group of people!!! :-))
      >
      > I've added both slideshows to our WiA Index.
      >
      > I'm back home from a lovely two weeks in the Algarve with Joao, away from
      > the laptop and Internet. Start work at school on Monday.
      >
      > Beijinhos all, Teresa
      >
      > > Hello everyone!
      > >
      > > Just got back from Florida where my family and I met Carla Arena and
      > > her family f-2-f in South Beach, Miami! Truly a special day...here
      > > are my photos to confirm it! Sorry we missed you Alica...it would
      > > have been even more fun.
      > >
      > > baci, Susan
      > >
      > > http://openedup.wordpress.com/

    • Joao Carlos Alves
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
        Hello Teresa

        Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
        Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.

        Kind regards,

        Joao

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Carla arena"

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
          Hello Joao!

          Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
          community.

          I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It faces the
          Old Golf Course.

          What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th grades. I'll
          have over 100 students. :-(

          Best, Teresa

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
            Hello Teresa

            Thank you for welcoming me. I'm new to this community but I've been
            reading all the posts very attentively. It's an amazing community. I'm
            glad that I can be a member of it.

            I'm starting to use ICT in the classroom after having been involved
            with computers for quite a long time, especially as a tool in
            everything I need to do.

            This year I'll be teaching just two German classes, a 10th and a 12th
            grade. I am afraid I am a bit luckier than you are because I'll have
            less than 30 pupils. :)

            Where do you teach?

            Kind regards,
            Joao

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca"
            <tmvaz@...> wrote:

            > Hello Joao!
            >
            > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
            > community.
            >
            > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It
            faces the
            > Old Golf Course.
            >
            > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th
            grades. I'll
            > have over 100 students. :-(
            >
            > Best, Teresa
            >

            > Hello Teresa
            > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
            > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.
            > Kind regards,
            > Joao

          • cristina costa
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
              Hi Joao,

              great to meet you here. Webheads rule!!!! I have learned so much since i have joined the community!

              Looking forward to seeing what you will do with your German students.

              Cris

              <tmvaz@...> wrote:

              > Hello Joao!

              > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful

              > community.

              > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It

              faces the

              > Old Golf Course.

              > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th

              grades. I'll

              > have over 100 students. :-(

              > Best, Teresa

              > Hello Teresa

              > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the

              > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.

              > Kind regards,

              > Joao

              <!--

              #ygrp-mkp{
              #ygrp-mkp hr{
              border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
              #ygrp-mkp #hd{
              #ygrp-mkp #ads{
              margin-bottom:10px;}
              #ygrp-mkp .ad{
              padding:0 0;}
              #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
              color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
              -->

              <!--

              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
              font-family:Arial;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
              margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
              -->

              <!--

              #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
              #ygrp-text{
              font-family:Georgia;
              }
              #ygrp-text p{
              margin:0 0 1em 0;}
              #ygrp-tpmsgs{
              font-family:Arial;
              clear:both;}
              #ygrp-vitnav{
              #ygrp-vitnav a{
              padding:0 1px;}
              #ygrp-actbar{
              #ygrp-actbar .left{
              float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
              .bld{font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-grft{
              #ygrp-ft{
              padding:5px 0;
              }
              #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
              padding-bottom:10px;}

              #ygrp-vital{
              #ygrp-vital #vithd{
              #ygrp-vital ul{
              padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
              #ygrp-vital ul li{
              }
              #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
              #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
              font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-vital a{
              text-decoration:none;}

              #ygrp-vital a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;}

              #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
              color:#999;font-size:77%;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
              padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
              text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
              padding:8px 0;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
              text-decoration:none;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
              margin:0;}
              o{font-size:0;}
              .MsoNormal{
              margin:0 0 0 0;}
              #ygrp-text tt{
              font-size:120%;}
              blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
              .replbq{margin:4;}
              -->

            • Joao Carlos Alves
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
                Hi Cristina

                I'm glad to meet you here, too. You were the first webhead I met in
                knowplace, appart from Elderbob. He's also a webhead which I didn't
                know when I first met him.

                I'm also looking forward to seeing what I'll do with my students this
                year. I'd like to try the blog. I'll see what I can do. Anyway, I'll
                will go using moodle like last year but I would like to try something
                else, too.

                Kind regards,
                Joao

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, cristina costa
                <cristinacosta_pt@...> wrote:

                > Hi Joao,
                >
                > great to meet you here. Webheads rule!!!! I have learned so much
                since i have joined the community!

                > Looking forward to seeing what you will do with your German students.
                >

                > Cris

                South Beach, Miami

                > Hello Teresa
                >

                > Thank you for welcoming me. I'm new to this community but I've been
                >
                > reading all the posts very attentively. It's an amazing community. I'm
                >
                > glad that I can be a member of it.
                >

                > I'm starting to use ICT in the classroom after having been involved
                >
                > with computers for quite a long time, especially as a tool in
                >
                > everything I need to do.
                >

                > This year I'll be teaching just two German classes, a 10th and a 12th
                >
                > grade. I am afraid I am a bit luckier than you are because I'll have
                >
                > less than 30 pupils. :)
                >

                > Where do you teach?
                >

                > Kind regards,
                >
                > Joao
                >

                > --- In evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca"
                >
                > <tmvaz@> wrote:
                >

                > > Hello Joao!
                >

                > > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
                >
                > > community.
                >

                > > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It
                >
                > faces the
                >
                > > Old Golf Course.
                >

                > > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th
                >
                > grades. I'll
                >
                > > have over 100 students. :-(
                >

                > > Best, Teresa
                >

                > > Hello Teresa
                >
                > > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
                >
                > > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.
                >
                > > Kind regards,
                >
                > > Joao

                > <!--
                >
                > #ygrp-mkp{
                0px;padding:0px 14px;}
                > #ygrp-mkp hr{
                > border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
                > #ygrp-mkp #hd{

                0px;}

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
                  Hi, Joao!

                  I teach in Parede, suburbs of Lisbon, where I live. It's right by the ocean.
                  The school is Escola EB 2,3 de Sto. Antonio.

                  Yes, you are going to be much luckier than me in number of students. :-)

                  Many, many years ago, when Hotel Alvor opened, I used to go there with
                  family for two wonderful weeks in August. I like that area very much, but
                  we've stuck to Vilamoura since the late 1970s.

                  <tmvaz@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Joao!
                  >
                  > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
                  > community.
                  >
                  > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It
                  faces the
                  > Old Golf Course.
                  >
                  > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th
                  grades. I'll
                  > have over 100 students. :-(
                  >
                  > Best, Teresa
                  >

                  > Hello Teresa
                  > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
                  > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.
                  > Kind regards,
                  > Joao

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Joao Carlos Alves
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
                    I have an idea where your school is.

                    Let's keep in touch and share knowledge within this fantastic community.

                    <tmvaz@...> wrote:

                    > Hi, Joao!
                    >
                    > I teach in Parede, suburbs of Lisbon, where I live. It's right by
                    the ocean.
                    > The school is Escola EB 2,3 de Sto. Antonio.
                    >
                    > Yes, you are going to be much luckier than me in number of students.
                    :-)