Re: [evonline2002_webheads] More...Webhead Fun Meeting in South Beach, Miami

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hi, Susan and Carla!

      Looks like you all had a wonderful time together! Great albums!

      As to why "Webheads have such an automatic bond when they meet", Susan...
      well, because we're a "very special" group of people!!! :-))

      I've added both slideshows to our WiA Index.

      I'm back home from a lovely two weeks in the Algarve with Joao, away from
      the laptop and Internet. Start work at school on Monday.

      Beijinhos all, Teresa

      > Hello everyone!
      >
      > Just got back from Florida where my family and I met Carla Arena and
      > her family f-2-f in South Beach, Miami! Truly a special day...here
      > are my photos to confirm it! Sorry we missed you Alica...it would
      > have been even more fun.
      >
      > baci, Susan
      >
      > http://openedup.wordpress.com/
    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
        Dear Teresa,

        I´m sure there´s something truly special in every single Webhead that makes
        this Community such a pleasant place to hang around, learn and share!

        Let us know how we can contribute to your classes with those cute students
        you´ve got!

        Beijos e saudades,
        Carla

        On 9/1/07, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...> wrote:

        > Hi, Susan and Carla!
        >
        > Looks like you all had a wonderful time together! Great albums!
        >
        > As to why "Webheads have such an automatic bond when they meet", Susan...
        > well, because we're a "very special" group of people!!! :-))
        >
        > I've added both slideshows to our WiA Index.
        >
        > I'm back home from a lovely two weeks in the Algarve with Joao, away from
        > the laptop and Internet. Start work at school on Monday.
        >
        > Beijinhos all, Teresa
        >
        > > Hello everyone!
        > >
        > > Just got back from Florida where my family and I met Carla Arena and
        > > her family f-2-f in South Beach, Miami! Truly a special day...here
        > > are my photos to confirm it! Sorry we missed you Alica...it would
        > > have been even more fun.
        > >
        > > baci, Susan
        > >
        > > http://openedup.wordpress.com/

      • Joao Carlos Alves
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
          Hello Teresa

          Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
          Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.

          Kind regards,

          Joao

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Carla arena"

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
            Hello Joao!

            Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
            community.

            I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It faces the
            Old Golf Course.

            What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th grades. I'll
            have over 100 students. :-(

            Best, Teresa

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
              Hello Teresa

              Thank you for welcoming me. I'm new to this community but I've been
              reading all the posts very attentively. It's an amazing community. I'm
              glad that I can be a member of it.

              I'm starting to use ICT in the classroom after having been involved
              with computers for quite a long time, especially as a tool in
              everything I need to do.

              This year I'll be teaching just two German classes, a 10th and a 12th
              grade. I am afraid I am a bit luckier than you are because I'll have
              less than 30 pupils. :)

              Where do you teach?

              Kind regards,
              Joao

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca"
              <tmvaz@...> wrote:

              > Hello Joao!
              >
              > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
              > community.
              >
              > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It
              faces the
              > Old Golf Course.
              >
              > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th
              grades. I'll
              > have over 100 students. :-(
              >
              > Best, Teresa
              >

              > Hello Teresa
              > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
              > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.
              > Kind regards,
              > Joao

            • cristina costa
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
                Hi Joao,

                great to meet you here. Webheads rule!!!! I have learned so much since i have joined the community!

                Looking forward to seeing what you will do with your German students.

                Cris

                <tmvaz@...> wrote:

                > Hello Joao!

                > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful

                > community.

                > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It

                faces the

                > Old Golf Course.

                > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th

                grades. I'll

                > have over 100 students. :-(

                > Best, Teresa

                > Hello Teresa

                > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the

                > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.

                > Kind regards,

                > Joao

                <!--

                #ygrp-mkp{
                #ygrp-mkp hr{
                border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
                #ygrp-mkp #hd{
                #ygrp-mkp #ads{
                margin-bottom:10px;}
                #ygrp-mkp .ad{
                padding:0 0;}
                #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
                color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                -->

                <!--

                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
                font-family:Arial;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
                margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
                -->

                <!--

                #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                #ygrp-text{
                font-family:Georgia;
                }
                #ygrp-text p{
                margin:0 0 1em 0;}
                #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                font-family:Arial;
                clear:both;}
                #ygrp-vitnav{
                #ygrp-vitnav a{
                padding:0 1px;}
                #ygrp-actbar{
                #ygrp-actbar .left{
                float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
                .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                #ygrp-grft{
                #ygrp-ft{
                padding:5px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                padding-bottom:10px;}

                #ygrp-vital{
                #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                #ygrp-vital ul{
                padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
                #ygrp-vital ul li{
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                font-weight:bold;}
                #ygrp-vital a{
                text-decoration:none;}

                #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                text-decoration:underline;}

                #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                color:#999;font-size:77%;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                padding:8px 0;}
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                text-decoration:none;}
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                text-decoration:underline;}
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                margin:0;}
                o{font-size:0;}
                .MsoNormal{
                margin:0 0 0 0;}
                #ygrp-text tt{
                font-size:120%;}
                blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                .replbq{margin:4;}
                -->

              • Joao Carlos Alves
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
                  Hi Cristina

                  I'm glad to meet you here, too. You were the first webhead I met in
                  knowplace, appart from Elderbob. He's also a webhead which I didn't
                  know when I first met him.

                  I'm also looking forward to seeing what I'll do with my students this
                  year. I'd like to try the blog. I'll see what I can do. Anyway, I'll
                  will go using moodle like last year but I would like to try something
                  else, too.

                  Kind regards,
                  Joao

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, cristina costa
                  <cristinacosta_pt@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Joao,
                  >
                  > great to meet you here. Webheads rule!!!! I have learned so much
                  since i have joined the community!

                  > Looking forward to seeing what you will do with your German students.
                  >

                  > Cris

                  South Beach, Miami

                  > Hello Teresa
                  >

                  > Thank you for welcoming me. I'm new to this community but I've been
                  >
                  > reading all the posts very attentively. It's an amazing community. I'm
                  >
                  > glad that I can be a member of it.
                  >

                  > I'm starting to use ICT in the classroom after having been involved
                  >
                  > with computers for quite a long time, especially as a tool in
                  >
                  > everything I need to do.
                  >

                  > This year I'll be teaching just two German classes, a 10th and a 12th
                  >
                  > grade. I am afraid I am a bit luckier than you are because I'll have
                  >
                  > less than 30 pupils. :)
                  >

                  > Where do you teach?
                  >

                  > Kind regards,
                  >
                  > Joao
                  >

                  > --- In evonline2002_ webheads@ yahoogroups. com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca"
                  >
                  > <tmvaz@> wrote:
                  >

                  > > Hello Joao!
                  >

                  > > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
                  >
                  > > community.
                  >

                  > > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It
                  >
                  > faces the
                  >
                  > > Old Golf Course.
                  >

                  > > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th
                  >
                  > grades. I'll
                  >
                  > > have over 100 students. :-(
                  >

                  > > Best, Teresa
                  >

                  > > Hello Teresa
                  >
                  > > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
                  >
                  > > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.
                  >
                  > > Kind regards,
                  >
                  > > Joao

                  > <!--
                  >
                  > #ygrp-mkp{
                  0px;padding:0px 14px;}
                  > #ygrp-mkp hr{
                  > border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
                  > #ygrp-mkp #hd{

                  0px;}

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
                    Hi, Joao!

                    I teach in Parede, suburbs of Lisbon, where I live. It's right by the ocean.
                    The school is Escola EB 2,3 de Sto. Antonio.

                    Yes, you are going to be much luckier than me in number of students. :-)

                    Many, many years ago, when Hotel Alvor opened, I used to go there with
                    family for two wonderful weeks in August. I like that area very much, but
                    we've stuck to Vilamoura since the late 1970s.

                    <tmvaz@...> wrote:

                    > Hello Joao!
                    >
                    > Welcome! It's nice to have another Portuguese member in our wonderful
                    > community.
                    >
                    > I was in Vilamoura, where we have a family house. I love it. It
                    faces the
                    > Old Golf Course.
                    >
                    > What levels do you teach? I'll be teaching two 5th and two 6th
                    grades. I'll
                    > have over 100 students. :-(
                    >
                    > Best, Teresa
                    >

                    > Hello Teresa
                    > Whereabouts did you spend your holidays in the Algarve. I am from the
                    > Algarve, too. I live in Alvor, it's near Portimão.
                    > Kind regards,
                    > Joao

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Joao Carlos Alves
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 5, 2007
                      I have an idea where your school is.

                      Let's keep in touch and share knowledge within this fantastic community.

                      <tmvaz@...> wrote:

                      > Hi, Joao!
                      >
                      > I teach in Parede, suburbs of Lisbon, where I live. It's right by
                      the ocean.
                      > The school is Escola EB 2,3 de Sto. Antonio.
                      >
                      > Yes, you are going to be much luckier than me in number of students.
                      :-)