Webheads explore Second Life - Monday nights starting 3rd September: Real Life European Cities

  • Graham Stanley
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      Come and explore Second Life on Monday evenings

      WEBHEADS DISCUSSION TOUR #1

      REAL LIFE EUROPEAN CITIES IN SECOND LIFE

      Second Life has its fair share of Real Life cities that people have created.
      Why build a recreation of a Real Life city in a virtual world where what you
      build is confined only by your imagination? Do these places attract native
      speakers from these countries and people interested in learning the language
      associated with the cities? What can you learn about culture from visiting
      these places?

      Join us for the discussion tour and find out the answer to these questions
      and more. We will be visiting some or all of the following places in Second
      Life (and any others you recommend) :

      - Venice
      - Moscow
      - Amsterdam
      - Barcelona
      - Lisbon
      - Brussels
      - Liverpool
      - Dublin

      DATE/TIME : Monday, September 3, 2007 at 20:00:00 UTC time:
      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=3&year=2007&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=0MEETING
      PLACE: Meet at the Webheads hut at Edunation :
      http://slurl.com/secondlife/Edunation/73/51/22/

      CONTACT: IM Baldric Commons for a teleport link if you're late

    • Dennis Newson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
        Graham,

        I want very much to join you, but I am at the foot of Snowdon for a couple
        of weeks, and there are no internet cafe there. Which is as it should be.
        Until later.

        Dennis

        --
        Dennis Newson (retired)
        University of Osnabrück

      • Aiden Yeh
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
          Me too, Graham, I'd like to be there but it's 4 am (!!!) my time.

          You can however share the pictures I took of Boracay (the real island, 2 weeks ago). http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/223921/overview

          Aiden

          Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote: Graham,

          --