Second Life on Science Friday (NPR)

  • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
      Hi folks--
      I managed to get into Science School (128/128/0) at Second Life for
      today's broadcast of Science Friday with Ira Flatow, This is on
      National Public Radio's Talk of the Nation show on Fridays. Here is
      the link to the show:

      <http://www.sciencefriday.com/pages/2007/Aug/hour2_083107.html>

      I was hoping to get a T-shirt for my avatar while attending, but SL
      froze up (42 people at Science School was overwhelming). They streamed
      the radio show through SL so you could listen while interacting, and
      the public radio version mentioned questions asked in SL. Interesting
      discussion with the Linden founders, and they again emphasized the
      educational aspects of SL and its use by educational institutions.

      BTW, <http://www.Sciencefriday.com> has some amazing science videos,
      so it is a great place for content-based and project-based curriculum.

      Cheers--
      --Elizabeth
    • Jane Petring
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2007
        Carla and Susan,
        I enjoyed the pictures--looks like it was another wonderful webhead reunion!

        Jane

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
          Dear Jane,

          It was just fantastic! I´m waiting for you here in Key West!

          Beijos,
          Carla