Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: A presentation on Social Software Webcast from Egypt this Saturday

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2007
      Ahh, late at night, working down to the wire, I'm leaving for Egypt right
      after work tomorrow, I was at the website sending out a reminder, turned
      away, came back to see that a your msg was posted notice was up ??? .. I
      hadn't finished it ... but meanwhile it hasn't turned up. Apologies if this
      is a resend.

      Just to remind you that on Saturday I'll be webcasting live from Alexandria,
      or trying to, from 6 a.m. GMT for a couple of hours. You are most welcome
      to drop in any time before 8:30 GMT and stay as long as you like. It will
      be my graduation webcast (from the Webcast academy) so if it works you can
      skype in and congratulate me. Jose Rodriguez will be helping out, for which,
      much appreciation. http://www.webcastacademy.net/listen

      May I suggest that if any of you helping Rita later are up at that time, you
      could drop in and practice whatever you plan to do. It's an unEvent, so
      control will fall to whoever is there. In Alexandria I'll be trying to show
      the tools. If conversation flags we can talk about EuroCALL coming up, or
      whatever interest you.

      Here are the details:
      Saturday Sept 1, 9 a.m to 11:30 a.m. in Egypt (06:00 to 08:30 GMT) on:

      F.U.N. Fare - UnWorkshop on Computer Mediated Communications Tools for
      Distributed Social Learning Networks:

      The two convergent communities of practice Webheads in Action and
      Worldbridges are constantly exploring new computer-mediated communications
      (CMC) tools for percolating knowledge through their overlapping distributed
      learning networks, many of which take on many properties of social
      networking. Members of those communities will be invited to join us online,
      and the (un)workshop will take place informally, without fixed agenda, in
      response to the direction suggested by the online participants and those
      present in Alexandria. Among the spaces we can explore (more to be added as
      they occur to me) are:

      a.. The Webheads in Action and Worldbridges Drupal portals
      Find us in the chat room here: http://webcastacademy.net/chat (because
      we'll be streaming)
      b.. Skype, with a demonstration of webcasting through Worldbridges Webcast
      Academy
      Find Vance on Skype ID vancestev; stream at
      http://www.webcastacademy.net/listen
      c.. Tours of Edunation and Boracay in Second Life
      Offer friendship to Webhead Link and request teleport
      d.. Elluminate and Alado voice and whiteboard-enabled presentation chat
      rooms
      http://tinyurl.com/y3eh and http://www.alado.net/webheads
      e.. Tapped In and Twitter text spaces
      Join VanceS at http://www.tappedin.org and log in to Twitter, follow
      VanceS
      f.. Wikispaces and PBWiki
      I'll set up a wikispace for my Virtual Strand plenary comiing up between
      Sept 5 and 8th
      g.. Slideshare, Bubbleshare, Webshots, Voicethread, Flickr
      h.. Facebook, Moodle, Pageflakes
      P.S. Buth will be in Alexandria as well. Hope to see you there. Write me
      offlist (or on) if you know you're coming.