Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Fwd: [coghlans] Fwd: Buzan creativity

  • Susana Canelo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2007
      Dennis: I totally agree !!!
      I couldn't believe my eyes and ears on my PC at home in a small village lost in Argentina.
      And I'm always worried about strategies to develop creativity.Some people blame school and school system, but we have to take the challenge don't you think?

      Susana

      Dennis Newson <djn@...> escribió:
      Michael,

      Thanks so much for referring us to Tony Bazun's inspiring video. I've known
      his books for years, this is the first time I've seen and heard him. (What a
      revolution that is - the ability to watch short, educational TVs on one's
      monitor).

      OK, I noticed some of his linguistic tricks as a propogandist, and I found
      him a little too fond of quoting Newsweek (or was it Time?), but it is hard
      to disagree with his main theses - children's creativity dwindles the longer
      they are in education, creativity is central, not an optional extra, and
      chidren need to taught how to learn, or, at least, have their innate wish to
      learn encouraged, nourished and supported.

      But apply this message to EFL/ESOL/EAL - most people in our profession are
      the servants of textbooks, class tests, final tests and would never ever be
      able to agree on the best way(s) to learn a foreign language. How could we
      as a profession react to Tony Barzun's call?

      Dennis