Re: A presentation on Social Software

  • Buthaina Al-Othman
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 24, 2007
      Sure, Rita, understand your situation :) Will be there at Webheads
      vOffice in LT to listen to you, next month; is there any other virtual
      venues that you plan to integrate? Just let us know in advance.

      Cheers,
      Buth

      In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Rita Zeinstejer" <rita@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > all agree, since my own ppt is likely to take longer than one.
      >
      > I am awfully sorry about this, Buth, and all others who might have
      > been thinking of joining me, yet, you are all kindly invited to
      > attend it without participating actively :-(...., hopefully!!! ...,
      > to enjoy it anyway...;-))
      >
      > Once again, MORE than wholehearted "thanks" to such a responsive,
      > generous group scattered all over the planet but ready to share and
      > give away their time and efforts.
      >
      > Hugs all,
      >
      > Rita
      >

      > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Buthaina Al-Othman"
      > <buthaina_3@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Rita,
      > >
      > > Hope all is well :)
      > >
      > > Please count me in; it'll be 12 midnight in my zone but I'd be happy
      > > to share how I use wikis for my sophomores' in the College of
      > > Engineering & Petroleum at Kuwait University. Just let me know if
      > this
      > > is okay.
      > >
      > > Best wishes,
      > >
      > > Buth
      > > ----------
      > >
      > > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Rita Zeinstejer" <rita@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Dear all,
      > > >
      > > > I've been asked to give a presentation on "what Web 2.0 can do
      > for
      > > > educators" or rather "what educators can do with Web 2.0"..., and
      > am
      > > > planning to use Learning Times, most probably, to be able to have
      > > > some of you --those who can make it-- say something about your
      > own
      > > > experiences using any social software with your students--blogs,
      > > > wikis, Google maps, Flicker...--, live for the audience for about
      > 5
      > > > minutes.
      > > > This will be on Friday September 28, at 9 pm GMT (I know it's an
      > > > awkward time for many, but I need to make it as suitable as
      > possible
      > > > this end, to give fewer chances of extra excuses ;-))
      > > >
      > > > My idea is showing a VERY simple ppt and providing precise
      > concepts
      > > > and examples not to overwhelm the web-phobics, but to give them a
      > > > view of how life for educators has definitely changed as from the
      > > > advent of Web 2.0, which I'm also going to define very briefly
      > and in
      > > > a simplified way.
      > > >
      > > > Your live presence would be GREATLY appreciated, since that is
      > > > definitely the best way to produce a consciousness-raising impact
      > on
      > > > a very reluctant group of teachers still sticking to books and
      > trite
      > > > grammar exercises ...:-(
      > > >
      > > > Please, let me know if you can make it, either here or off list,
      > at
      > > > rita@
      > > >
      > > > Very thankfully looking forward to your valuable contribution,

    • Buthaina Al-Othman
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 24, 2007
        Thanks, Michael :) I'm seeing some Webheads at other social networks;
        so, I'm still connected, and enjoying lurking this list every now and
        then through its feed...

        Hope you're doing well...Miss ya,a lot!

        A big Hug,

        Buth
        ----------

        In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Michael Coghlan
        <michaelc@...> wrote:

        > Hey Buth - nice to see you 'back' on the list :-)
        >
        > - Michael.
        >
        > At 09:16 PM 8/23/2007, you wrote:
        >
        > >Hi Rita,
        > >
        > >Hope all is well :)
        > >
        > >Please count me in; it'll be 12 midnight in my zone but I'd be happy
        > >to share how I use wikis for my sophomores' in the College of
        > >Engineering & Petroleum at Kuwait University. Just let me know if this
        > >is okay.
        > >
        > >Best wishes,
        > >
        > >Buth
        > >----------
        > >
        > >In
        >
        ><mailto:evonline2002_webheads%40yahoogroups.com>evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com,

        > >"Rita Zeinstejer" <rita@>
        > >wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Dear all,
        > > >
        > > > I've been asked to give a presentation on "what Web 2.0 can do for
        > > > educators" or rather "what educators can do with Web 2.0"..., and am
        > > > planning to use Learning Times, most probably, to be able to have
        > > > some of you --those who can make it-- say something about your own
        > > > experiences using any social software with your students--blogs,
        > > > wikis, Google maps, Flicker...--, live for the audience for about 5
        > > > minutes.
        > > > This will be on Friday September 28, at 9 pm GMT (I know it's an
        > > > awkward time for many, but I need to make it as suitable as possible
        > > > this end, to give fewer chances of extra excuses ;-))
        > > >
        > > > My idea is showing a VERY simple ppt and providing precise concepts
        > > > and examples not to overwhelm the web-phobics, but to give them a
        > > > view of how life for educators has definitely changed as from the
        > > > advent of Web 2.0, which I'm also going to define very briefly
        and in
        > > > a simplified way.
        > > >
        > > > Your live presence would be GREATLY appreciated, since that is
        > > > definitely the best way to produce a consciousness-raising impact on
        > > > a very reluctant group of teachers still sticking to books and trite
        > > > grammar exercises ...:-(
        > > >
        > > > Please, let me know if you can make it, either here or off list, at
        > > > rita@
        > > >
        > > > Very thankfully looking forward to your valuable contribution,
        > > >
        > > > Rita

      • Rita Zeinstejer
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 24, 2007
          Hi, Abdel (if that's your name),

          Thank you for your interest in my presentation. You'll need to
          prepare your pc to enter the Webheads Office at
          http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=273662 , the
          environment I'll use for my presentation, so you should check that in
          advance, as well as your loudspeakers, to be able to listen to us.
          You'll also see once there that there is a window that allows you to
          text chat with the other members of the virtual audience.

          I hope you can make it, welcome to the group.

          Rita

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "abdelnasserd42002"

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 29, 2007
            Hi Folks