EUROCALL--Virtual Strand Online Conference, 5-8 Sept. 2007
- Posted on behalf of Graham Davies and apologies if you receive this more
EUROCALL VIRTUAL STRAND ONLINE CONFERENCE 5-8 SEPTEMBER 2007
WHO IS IT FOR?
You can join the Virtual Strand if you're:
- unable to attend the conference in person
- in Coleraine, but want to take part in the Virtual Strand too
WHAT DOES IT OFFER?
A virtual conference space including:
- Selected, streamed plenary and other presentations live from the
- Archived versions of these to watch in your own time
- Real-time, online presentations from invited speakers. Confirmed
Vance Stevens "Mastering competencies for collaboration and aggregation
in distributed learning networks"
Agnes Kukulska-Hulme & Lesley Shield "Can mobile devices support
collaborative practice in speaking and listening?"
- Real time chat area including:
Online presence indicator
Interactive conference blog
NB: the chat and shared Web-browsing tool presence indicator have been
developed for use with Internet Explorer 5.x or higher only.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The event - and the workshop- are absolutely free to you whether you are
at the Coleraine conference or want to take part in the Virtual Strand
only. You do, however, need to sign up to take part in either or both
events. To register for the Virtual Strand, please go to
http://www.eurocall2007.com <http://www.eurocall2007.com/> and follow
the links in the sidebar to the Virtual Strand page.
Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email.
Information about how to join the Virtual Strand will be sent to you by
email approximately 2 weeks before the conference begins.
Applied Linguistics Department phone: 802-654-2642
Saint Michael's College fax: 802-654-2595
One Winooski Park
Colchester, VT 05439-0253
web site: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/
online CALL course:
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]