Merlot International Conference

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
      Dear webheads,

      I am flying tonight to New Orleans for the Merlot International Conference
      and would like to invite you to come and join me virtually. I have opened a
      wiki to document the process of putting this keynote together
      (brainstorming, technical issues, suggestions, readings, inspirational
      pictures and the lot). On the home page, you will find the physical and
      virtual venues and time (Friday 10th at 13:00 GMT), a Frappr Map, where you
      can add your photo and shoutout if you are planning to attend, and the
      Twitter account I will be using to give quick updates (start following
      merlot2007onlap) . I will also be posting photos to my account on Flickr and
      tagging them merlot2007onlap (the same tag I will be using all over to refer
      to this event).
      http://merlot.wikispaces.com

      Here are the different ways you can participate online:
      http://merlot.wikispaces.com/Help

      This coming Sunday (August 5th), there is a Blogstreams Salon session
      scheduled at Tappedin at 21:00 GMT. I will take the opportunity to give you
      some more info about the conference (will be on the spot already), how to
      join the keynote, welcome suggestions and answer (or find an answer to) any
      doubts you (I) may have :-)

      I look forward to seeing many of you there and showing Merlot participants
      how open networked learning communities like ours rock.
      Warm regards from Brazil,
      Bee

      --
      Barbara Dieu
      http://dekita.org

    • cristina costa
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
        Cool wiki!
        I will be there!

        Where should I post my reflections?
        In the discussion tab i suppose...

        I have asked to join teh wikispace just in case...
        beijinhos
        Have a great flights!
        Enjoy the day! :-)

        Cris

[...]

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

      • Dennis Newson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
          Bee,

          You really are top of the tree. There seems to be everything in that Wiki.
          If the day and time are possible, I'll be there.

          Dennis of Os

        • Cora Chen
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
            Dear Bee,
            Happy Birthday to you! I am sure your presentation will be another success!
            Your wiki looks wonderful! 13:00 GMT is a little too early for me in my time zone, but I will see if I can join you later.
            Have a great time in New Orleans!
            Cora

            >>> beeonline@... 08/03/07 3:21 AM >>>

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2007
              Dear Bee, I am so sorry I can't join you virtually. I am immersed in AGU in
              America until 8/16. Good luck!
              Nina