My dissertation

  • cristina costa
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 30, 2007
      Dear All,

      I have finally defended my dissertation.

      What a stress! What a relief!

      It is never easy to stand before a jury.

      I decided to keep it low profile because I
      was feeling quite anxious about it – it was my very 1st experience in
      something of the kind, and also because everything was dealt almost in the last
      minute. I had to fly to Portugal
      and back with only a few days notice!!

      The defense of the dissertation went well,
      and I am glad that I was to spread a little bit more of the WiA’s activity and
      example.

      The "real" presentation of the defense hasn’t
      however happened. It will take place Thursday at 2200 GMT @ CP2. I am counting
      on you.

      Your presence and contributions are very
      important to once again validate the study.

      If you are able and/or willing to join us,
      please let me know and I will ask John Smith to provide you with the direct
      link.

      On the day I will also be in Skype.

      Looking forward to seeing you there.

      Beijinhos

      Cris

    • Evelyn Izquierdo
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 30, 2007
        Congratulations Cristina! Enjoy very much your success!!!! I'm also working on my dissertation. I hope to share the same hapiness with you very soon.
        Warm regards,
        Evelyn

        cristina costa <cristinacosta_pt@...> escribió:

[...]

        Profesora de Inglés
        Cátedra de Idiomas Extranjeros
        Escuela de Educación
        Facultad de Humanidades y Educación
        Universidad Central de Venezuela
        Caracas-Venezuela
        Tel: 58-212-605.2975
        E-mail: izquierdo_evelyn@...

      • Cora Chen

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 31, 2007

            > I have finally defended my dissertation.

            Congratulations Cris and way to go. I will try to log in as soon as I get
            back from school on Thursday to give you virtual support :-)
            (just hope at school there is no meeting or sthg schedule - I will confirm
            later tonight as today is the first day after the holidays)
            Warm regards,
            Bee

            --
            Barbara Dieu
            http://dekita.org

          • cristina costa
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 31, 2007
              Thanks Bee for your support!
              I hope you can make it.
              Your presence is most welcome!
              beijinhos

              Cris

              > I have finally defended my dissertation.

              Congratulations Cris and way to go. I will try to log in as soon as I get

              back from school on Thursday to give you virtual support :-)

              (just hope at school there is no meeting or sthg schedule - I will confirm

              later tonight as today is the first day after the holidays)

              Warm regards,

              Bee

              --

              Barbara Dieu

              http://dekita. org

              http://beewebhead. net

              <!--

              #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
              #ygrp-text{
              font-family:Georgia;
              }
              #ygrp-text p{
              margin:0 0 1em 0;}
              #ygrp-tpmsgs{
              font-family:Arial;
              clear:both;}
              #ygrp-vitnav{
              #ygrp-vitnav a{
              padding:0 1px;}
              #ygrp-actbar{
              #ygrp-actbar .left{
              float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
              .bld{font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-grft{
              #ygrp-ft{
              padding:5px 0;
              }
              #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
              padding-bottom:10px;}

              #ygrp-vital{
              #ygrp-vital #vithd{
              #ygrp-vital ul{
              padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
              #ygrp-vital ul li{
              }
              #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
              #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
              font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-vital a {
              text-decoration:none;}

              #ygrp-vital a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;}

              #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
              color:#999;font-size:77%;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
              padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
              text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
              padding:8px 0;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
              text-decoration:none;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
              margin:0;}
              o {font-size:0;}
              .MsoNormal {
              margin:0 0 0 0;}
              #ygrp-text tt{
              font-size:120%;}
              blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
              .replbq {margin:4;}
              -->

            • Elderbob
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 31, 2007
                Congratulations.
                Ill try to be there, Thursday (Online at least)

                elderbob
                On 7/31/07, cristina costa <cristinacosta_pt@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Bee for your support!
                > I hope you can make it.
                > Your presence is most welcome!
                > beijinhos
                >
                > Cris

                Helping folks understand that it's never too late to become all they ever
                wanted to become.

              • cristina costa
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 31, 2007
                  Great!
                  I will be there - somewhere in cyberspace http://tinyurl.com/yukyuk - to welcome you!
                  ;-)

                  Cris

                  On 7/31/07, cristina costa <cristinacosta_ pt@yahoo. com> wrote:

                  > Thanks Bee for your support!

                  > I hope you can make it.

                  > Your presence is most welcome!

                  > beijinhos

                  > Cris

                • Dafne
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 31, 2007
                    Dear Cris,

                    Congrats on your diss!!!! I will try my best to make
                    it :-)

                    hugs and beijinhos,

                    Daf

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 31, 2007
                      Dear Cristina,

                      Way to go! Congrats!!!!!!

                      How was it? How did it go? Was "adf" as nice as I told you? Hope so. What
                      about the rest of the jury?

                      I'll try to make Thursday evening.

                      Beijinhos, Teresa
                    • cristina costa
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 31, 2007
                        Dear Teresa,
                        thanks for your feedback.
                        ADF - Prof. Antonio Dias Figueiredo http://eden.dei.uc.pt/%7Eadf/adfeng.htm - A Portuguese Guru in CoP - and someone I really admire, was the main emmber of the Jury had to discuss the thesis with. (I had tp introduce him to you all)
                        So as I was saying ADF was a gentleman, as usually, but also very sharp and almost provocative in his remarks! It was a quite interesting debate!

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 31, 2007
                          Dear Daf,
                          thank you so much for your support.
                          Where are you? Are you in Spain as it is stated in your YM?

                          Hoping that you are having a great time.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 31, 2007
                            Dear Cris,
                            Congratulations and good luck tomorrow! I doubt I can join you because the
                            AGU in America program starts tomorrow. But I might be home at 6 pm (2200
                            gmt) so if you send me the direct link I will try to make it.
                            Nina

                          • Hala Fawzi
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 31, 2007
                              Dearest Cris,
                              Congratulations!! I am sure you you will leave them specchless!
                              I will be there!
                              Beijinhos
                              Hala

[...]

                            • sharonholdner
                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 1, 2007
                                Hi Everyone,

                                First of all, congrats to you for all of your hard work and your
                                success, Cris.:-)

                                I have logged into the CpSquare site and am wondering if I have to
                                respond affirmatively to attendance. Am a I correct in reading that
                                only 10 participants can engage in the activity in real time?

                                Have not rec'd any further instructions yet from John.

                                I'll be teaching tomorrow at the time of your presentation Cris, but
                                am going to try and find a way to visit.

                                Bless ya from Baah-stunn, and as they say to those who about to go
                                on stage for a performance, "break a leg."

                                Sharon
                              • Moira Hunter
                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 2, 2007
                                  Hi Cris,

                                  Following our emails, I'm now hooked up but have no invite from John yet :-(

                                  Moira :-)

                                  cristina costa <cristinacosta_pt@...> wrote: Great!

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Aug 2, 2007
                                    HI Moira,
                                    I have just emailed John about it.
                                    I hope you'll get an invitation soon!
                                    thanks

                                    Cris

                                    Ill try to be there, Thursday (Online at least)

                                    elderbob

                                    On 7/31/07, cristina costa <cristinacosta_ pt@yahoo. com> wrote:

                                    > Thanks Bee for your support!

                                    > I hope you can make it.

                                    > Your presence is most welcome!

                                    > beijinhos

                                    > Cris

                                    #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit; font:100% ;}

                                    #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height: 1.22em;}

                                    #ygrp-text{

                                    font-family: Georgia;

                                    }

                                    #ygrp-text p{

                                    margin:0 0 1em 0;}

                                    #ygrp-tpmsgs{

                                    font-family: Arial;

                                    clear:both;}

                                    #ygrp-vitnav{

                                    padding-top: 10px;font- family:Verdana; font-size: 77%;margin: 0;}

                                    #ygrp-vitnav a{

                                    padding:0 1px;}

                                    #ygrp-actbar{

                                    clear:both;margin: 25px 0;white-space: nowrap;color: #666;text- align:right; }

                                    #ygrp-actbar .left{

                                    float:left;white- space:nowrap; }

                                    .bld{font-weight: bold;}

                                    #ygrp-grft{

                                    font-family: Verdana;font- size:77%; padding:15px 0;}

                                    #ygrp-ft{

                                    font-family: verdana;font- size:77%; border-top: 1px solid #666;

                                    padding:5px 0;

                                    }

                                    #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{

                                    padding-bottom: 10px;}

                                    #ygrp-vital{

                                    background-color: #e0ecee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}

                                    #ygrp-vital #vithd{

                                    font-size:77% ;font-family: Verdana;font- weight:bold; color:#333; text-transform: uppercase; }

                                    #ygrp-vital ul{

                                    padding:0;margin: 2px 0;}

                                    #ygrp-vital ul li{

                                    list-style-type: none;clear: both;border: 1px solid #e0ecee;

                                    }

                                    #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{

                                    font-weight: bold;color: #ff7900;float: right;width: 2em;text- align:right; padding-right: .5em;}

                                    #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{

                                    font-weight: bold;}

                                    #ygrp-vital a {

                                    text-decoration: none;}

                                    #ygrp-vital a:hover{

                                    text-decoration: underline; }

                                    #ygrp-sponsor #hd{

                                    color:#999;font- size:77%; }

                                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov{

                                    padding:6px 13px;background- color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom: 20px;}

                                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{

                                    padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0; }

                                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{

                                    list-style-type: square;padding: 6px 0;font-size: 77%;}

                                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{

                                    text-decoration: none;font- size:130% ;}

                                    #ygrp-sponsor #nc {

                                    background-color: #eee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:0 8px;}

                                  • Patricia Glogowski
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Aug 2, 2007
                                      Congratulations on completing your dissertation, Cristina! It sounds really
                                      interesting and I'd love to join you virtually but unfortunately I can't.
                                      Would it be possible to access the recording somewhere, and would it be
                                      possible to read your work?

                                      Patricia
                                      http://monitorhypothesis.typepade.com

                                      On 8/2/07, cristina costa <cristinacosta_pt@...> wrote:

                                      > HI Moira,
                                      > I have just emailed John about it.
                                      > I hope you'll get an invitation soon!
                                      > thanks
                                      >
                                      > Cris

                                    • Rita Zeinstejer
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Aug 2, 2007
                                        Hi, Cris and all,

                                        After a couple of weeks away (or more than that) I'm back home and
                                        carrying on with my daily routine in every way...;-)
                                        I travelled to Mexico last month to visit my dear friend Mercedes
                                        Rossetti, where I spent three wonderful days visiting and sharing,
                                        then off to Connecticut to see my kids.
                                        I was back last week but with some problems to overcome, and am now
                                        trying to catch up.

                                        Congrats, Cristina, on your diss, I've just left an IM on Yahoo to let
                                        you know I'm available to join you today, hope it's not too late.

                                        I'll be on TI next Sunday to say hi, hope to meet many of you!

                                        Hugs,

                                        Rita