RE: [evonline2002_webheads] words every high school graduate should know / free e-learning books

  • Gavin Dudeney
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2007
      Andreas,

      I love the list of words... Whilst I recognise all of them, I can’t quite
      remember the last time I had occasion to use words such as ‘jejune’,
      ‘gerrymander’, ‘gamete’ or ‘deciduous’ (amongst about another 50 of the
      words they think are useful). When I saw the list I checked the date, but no
      – it does appear to be July 8th and not April 1st.

      Fantastic!

      Now I really must get back to a sanguine and unctuous examination of my
      ziggurat...

      Gavin

      c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

      Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770

      <http://www.theconsultants-e.com/> http://www.theconsultants-e.com

      Winners, 2007 British Council ELTON awards - <http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54>
      http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54

      Owners of the Second Life sim EduNation - <http://tinyurl.com/yehbto>
      http://tinyurl.com/yehbto

      Sponsors of the 2006 UK Moodle Conference - <http://www.moodlemoot.org/>
      http://www.moodlemoot.org

      CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2007
        Indeed !Sharing is caring!
        Thank you for sharing these books with us!
        Best,
        Hala

        Andreas Büsing <169645@...> wrote:

        < http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/booksellers/press_release/100words/>

        The editors of the American Heritage® dictionaries have compiled a list of
        100 words they recommend every high school graduate should know.

        "The words we suggest," says senior editor Steven Kleinedler, "are not meant
        to be exhaustive but are a benchmark against which graduates and their
        parents can measure themselves. If you are able to use these words
        correctly, you are likely to have a superior command of the language."

        ---

        < http://www.elearningguild.com/pdf/4/guildtipsbook-final.pdf>

        Produced by eLearners.com

        "This 175-page guide addresses what online education entails, what online
        learning options exist, how to select the best online education for your
        needs, how to succeed in your online courses, and much more."
        Free book as PDF
        ---
        < http://www.elearningguild.com/pdf/4/guildtipsbook-final.pdf>

        Produced by the eLearning Guild
        "an amazing collection of tips from 336 of your professional colleagues.
        Nowhere will you find a more comprehensive set of tips that you can use to
        improve your knowledge and skills in online instruction.
        Free book available as PDF
        ---

        < http://www.elearnspace.org/KnowingKnowledge_LowRes.pdf>

        George Siemens
        Learning and knowledge are cornerstones for society and organizations.
        Knowing Knowledge is an exploration of the change impacting both learning
        and knowledge, and recommends changes required in order to align
        corporations and educational institutions with developing trends
        November 2006 Available in PDF to download for free.

        ---

        < http://fullmeasure.co.uk/Coming_of_age_v1-2.pdf>

        By Terry Friedman

        Describes the use of some of the newer emerging web technologies such as
        blogs, podcasts, wikis, RSS and social tagging in Education. It features
        case studies and how-to articles by leading practitioners in the world of
        education.

        Available as PDF 2006

        ---

        < http://www.elearningguild.com/pdf/4/lmstips-implementation.pdf>

        Produced by the eLearning Guild

        An amazing collection of tips from hundreds of your professional colleagues.
        Nowhere will you find a more comprehensive set of tips that you can use to
        improve your LMS and LCMS implementation efforts.

        Free book available in PDF

        ---

        Just sharing because it is caring.

        Best wishes

        Andreas

        Phone: 01801-63384604568

        Fax: 01805-0068648058

        A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.

        -- Mark Twain

        Hala