words every high school graduate should know / free e-learning books

  • Andreas Büsing
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8 10:49 AM
      < http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/booksellers/press_release/100words/>

      The editors of the American Heritage® dictionaries have compiled a list of
      100 words they recommend every high school graduate should know.

      "The words we suggest," says senior editor Steven Kleinedler, "are not meant
      to be exhaustive but are a benchmark against which graduates and their
      parents can measure themselves. If you are able to use these words
      correctly, you are likely to have a superior command of the language."

      ---

      < http://www.elearningguild.com/pdf/4/guildtipsbook-final.pdf>

      Produced by eLearners.com

      "This 175-page guide addresses what online education entails, what online
      learning options exist, how to select the best online education for your
      needs, how to succeed in your online courses, and much more."
      Free book as PDF
      ---
      < http://www.elearningguild.com/pdf/4/guildtipsbook-final.pdf>

      Produced by the eLearning Guild
      "an amazing collection of tips from 336 of your professional colleagues.
      Nowhere will you find a more comprehensive set of tips that you can use to
      improve your knowledge and skills in online instruction.
      Free book available as PDF
      ---

      < http://www.elearnspace.org/KnowingKnowledge_LowRes.pdf>

      George Siemens
      Learning and knowledge are cornerstones for society and organizations.
      Knowing Knowledge is an exploration of the change impacting both learning
      and knowledge, and recommends changes required in order to align
      corporations and educational institutions with developing trends
      November 2006 Available in PDF to download for free.

      ---

      < http://fullmeasure.co.uk/Coming_of_age_v1-2.pdf>

      By Terry Friedman

      Describes the use of some of the newer emerging web technologies such as
      blogs, podcasts, wikis, RSS and social tagging in Education. It features
      case studies and how-to articles by leading practitioners in the world of
      education.

      Available as PDF 2006

      ---

      < http://www.elearningguild.com/pdf/4/lmstips-implementation.pdf>

      Produced by the eLearning Guild

      An amazing collection of tips from hundreds of your professional colleagues.
      Nowhere will you find a more comprehensive set of tips that you can use to
      improve your LMS and LCMS implementation efforts.

      Free book available in PDF

      ---

      Just sharing because it is caring.

      Best wishes

      Andreas

      Phone: 01801-63384604568

      Fax: 01805-0068648058

      A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.

      -- Mark Twain

    • Gavin Dudeney
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8 10:55 AM
        Andreas,

        I love the list of words... Whilst I recognise all of them, I can’t quite
        remember the last time I had occasion to use words such as ‘jejune’,
        ‘gerrymander’, ‘gamete’ or ‘deciduous’ (amongst about another 50 of the
        words they think are useful). When I saw the list I checked the date, but no
        – it does appear to be July 8th and not April 1st.

        Fantastic!

        Now I really must get back to a sanguine and unctuous examination of my
        ziggurat...

        Gavin

        c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain

        Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770