ReadingTeacher bug fix release

  • Jon Polacheck
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2007
      PLEASE let me know if you try this software.

      I have just posted a bug fix release for the ReadingTeacher program. If
      you have an earlier version (rt.exe) please delete rt.exe and rt.ini and
      replace them with the files in this package. The new executable is
      rt_0-4.exe.

      Bug #1 - 2nd voice (the one that speaks the content - "I can read.") is
      not (apparently) not included in the speech-to-text software provided.
      Only one voice (the one provided) is now required.

      Bug #2 - First voice paused in mid-sentence. This is a result of the
      way the PERL packager provides standalone, executable programs. The
      first time the program is run, files are written to disk as part of the
      "unpacking" process. This is only necessary the first time the program
      is run on a given computer. This process also causes a noticeable delay
      in the start of the program. If this is a problem, stop and restart the
      program.

      WARNING: The "help" function ("Press the red button to see how Reading
      Teacher works") has yet been implemented.

      Additional content files will be made available soon.

      Files included in rt_0-4.zip:
      RT_README_1st.txt - This file
      INSTALL.txt -installation instructions
      rt_0-4.exe - the ReadingTeacher program (6/19/2007, 4,329 KB)
      rt.ini - configuration file
      rt.ico - icon file
      rt-0_4.pl - PERL source code (not needed to run program)
      spchapi.exe,
      msttsl.exe &
      msttss22L.exe - required MS SAPI4 install files for text-to-speech function
      GPL v 2.txt - licensing terms

      Read more about ReadingTeacher at http://readingteacher.sourceforge.net

      Contact the developer at:

      jonpol@...