Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Sizer - predefined screen size

  • Elderbob
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2007
      I'm not too sure what it is that you are trying to do, but you might also
      find the Firefox extension, "MeasureIt" (
      https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/539) useful. It sits in your
      tool bar until needed. When you find something you want the exact size of,
      you click the icon, and an opaque window opens up that allows you to measure
      pixel size of a column or a picture or a variety of other things.

      Also for any of you using Moodle, you can predeterrmine the size of a
      picture or a block or whatever by using the size adjustments in several
      different WYSIWYG settings. It can be very helpful in bring up, say four
      different wndows in one screen.

      just a thought.

      elderbob

      On 6/2/07, Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote:

      > I've just come across a very useful, tiny program called: Sizer.
      >
      > It enables you to produce a window at a predefined, precise size. It's
      > excellent for screenshots or work with screencasting programs like
      > Camtasia,
      > or multitasking on one screen.
      >
      > http://www.brianapps.net/sizer.html
      >
      > Dennis
      >
      > --
      > Dennis Newson (retired)
      > University of Osnabrück
      > GERMANY
      > Webhead,
      > Moderator of a number of TEFL e-lists

      Helping folks understand that it's never too late to become all they ever
      wanted to become.