Re: [evonline2002_webheads] CPsquare dialog meeting with Portuguese Webheads

  • cristina costa
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 3 2:14 PM
      What a feast I missed!

      Man... I am never in the country at the right time!

      Great photos. Thanks Fernanda!

      Where was that restaurant?

      I am coming to Lisbon on the 6th June. Jane
      Petring will be join us. We will have another webhead party with the Lisbon webheads. HURRAY! Anyone
      wanting to join us?

      Cris

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 3 11:14 PM
        Lovely pictures, Fernanda. Thanks for sharing them with us.

        Aiden

        http://www.flickr com/photos/ 44124287188@ N01/show/

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 4 3:05 AM
          Great pics, Fernanda! Good to see you all together.
          Warm regards from Brazil,
          Bee

          --
          Barbara Dieu
          http://dekita.org

        • Gladys Baya
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 17 12:12 PM
            Today I found the time to visit Study website... I found a schedule
            for English, and one for Chinese classes... and that's it!

            What's happened with Spanish classes? Has that project been called
            off? I thought I might get a few teachers interested for volunteers in
            that language, but first I'd ned to find out what it demands! (you
            see, I haven't heard about study.com before).

            Intigued,

            Gladys

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 17 12:24 PM
              Just visited and had the same impression about study.com.

              I even thought its web was going to be more attractive as well....

              Hope to hear some news, specially about teaching english or spanish in SL.

              alicia

            • Moira Hunter

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 18 6:00 PM
                  Dear All,

                  StudyCom has found one teacher for Spanish but still would like more if
                  anyone is interested in volunteering.

                  You could teach either synchronously, asynchronously or a combination.
                  You can use your own materials. Two hours a week and a three month
                  commitment are what we usually request.

                  Please contact me directly if you think you might want to teach on
                  StudyCom and I'll furnish you with more details.

                  The website *is* horrible. But most of what happens in StudyCom
                  happens in the webconferencing rooms or in Second Life. The website is
                  basically a jumping-off point.... One of these days it'll get a makeover
                  and be able to walk the red carpet with the rich and beautiful sites...

                  Thanks,

                  Dave Winet, coordinator
                  http://www.study.com