Re: [evonline2002_webheads] StudyCom seeking Spanish and Chinese Volunteer Teachers

  • YD Chen
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2007
      Hi,David,
      I have been waiting for this moment for years.Once i am enrolled in your project,my students will following suits.We will all be volunteers in your Chinese project.
      Can you talk to us on Skype next week? We are online 4 times a week:
      1. Monday morning (from 8 to 10)
      2. Wednesday moring ( 8 to 10)
      3. Thursday moring ( 8 to 10)
      4.Friday afternoon ( 2:30 to 4:10 )
      We are GMT+8.
      Regards,
      yaodong

      Vance Stevens <vstevens@...> wrote:
      Great news David. As a long-time supporter and affiliate of Study.com -
      most people in the know have realized by now that Webheads got its START
      with study.com - and having paid some dues as a teacher both with study.com
      and Webheads, I would like to volunteer as a LEARNER in your new projects.

      Sign me up!

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 3, 2007
        Hi Aiden
        You can see some pictures here.
        It was great to meet Sus! Thank you for the invitation!

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/44124287188@N01/show/

        Fernanda

        On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:40:58 -0700 (PDT)
        Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...> wrote:

        > Where are the pics?
        >
        > hugs,
        >
        > Aiden
        >

        > susannenyrop <netopnyrop@...> wrote: Dear Teresa and Fernanda, and all good webheads
        >
        > I just came back from a lively 5 days Dialog meetings in Portugal
        > invited by CPsquare. This was my first opportunity to meet live with
        > about 18 people and collaborate on real work, plus having set two days
        > aside for semi structured dialog sessions on how to work from a
        > community of practice aspect in organisations, education and community.
        >
        > <snip>

      • cristina costa
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 3, 2007
          What a feast I missed!

          Man... I am never in the country at the right time!

          Great photos. Thanks Fernanda!

          Where was that restaurant?

          I am coming to Lisbon on the 6th June. Jane
          Petring will be join us. We will have another webhead party with the Lisbon webheads. HURRAY! Anyone
          wanting to join us?

          Cris

          Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@yahoo. com> wrote:

          > Where are the pics?

          > hugs,

          > Aiden

          > susannenyrop <netopnyrop@gmail. com> wrote: Dear Teresa and Fernanda, and all good webheads

          > I just came back from a lively 5 days Dialog meetings in Portugal

          > invited by CPsquare. This was my first opportunity to meet live with

          > about 18 people and collaborate on real work, plus having set two days

          > aside for semi structured dialog sessions on how to work from a

          > community of practice aspect in organisations, education and community.

          > <snip>

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;}
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;}
          #ygrp-actbar{
          #ygrp-actbar .left{
          float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-grft{
          #ygrp-ft{
          padding:5px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
          padding-bottom:10px;}

          #ygrp-vital{
          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
          #ygrp-vital ul{
          padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
          #ygrp-vital ul li{
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
          font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-vital a {
          text-decoration:none;}

          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}

          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          color:#999;font-size:77%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          padding:8px 0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          text-decoration:none;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          margin:0;}
          o {font-size:0;}
          .MsoNormal {
          margin:0 0 0 0;}
          #ygrp-text tt{
          font-size:120%;}
          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
          .replbq {margin:4;}
          -->

        • Aiden Yeh
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 3, 2007
            Lovely pictures, Fernanda. Thanks for sharing them with us.

            Aiden

            http://www.flickr com/photos/ 44124287188@ N01/show/

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 4, 2007
              Great pics, Fernanda! Good to see you all together.
              Warm regards from Brazil,
              Bee

              --
              Barbara Dieu
              http://dekita.org

            • Gladys Baya
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 17, 2007
                Today I found the time to visit Study website... I found a schedule
                for English, and one for Chinese classes... and that's it!

                What's happened with Spanish classes? Has that project been called
                off? I thought I might get a few teachers interested for volunteers in
                that language, but first I'd ned to find out what it demands! (you
                see, I haven't heard about study.com before).

                Intigued,

                Gladys

                Chinese to its class offerings and so would like to encourage any of
                you so inclined to volunteer to teach either of those world languages,
                including in Second Life!
              • Alicia
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 17, 2007
                  Just visited and had the same impression about study.com.

                  I even thought its web was going to be more attractive as well....

                  Hope to hear some news, specially about teaching english or spanish in SL.

                  alicia

                • Moira Hunter

                    Chinese to its class offerings and so would like to encourage any of
                    you so inclined to volunteer to teach either of those world languages,
                    including in Second Life!

                  • David Winet
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 18, 2007
                      Dear All,

                      StudyCom has found one teacher for Spanish but still would like more if
                      anyone is interested in volunteering.

                      You could teach either synchronously, asynchronously or a combination.
                      You can use your own materials. Two hours a week and a three month
                      commitment are what we usually request.

                      Please contact me directly if you think you might want to teach on
                      StudyCom and I'll furnish you with more details.

                      The website *is* horrible. But most of what happens in StudyCom
                      happens in the webconferencing rooms or in Second Life. The website is
                      basically a jumping-off point.... One of these days it'll get a makeover
                      and be able to walk the red carpet with the rich and beautiful sites...

                      Thanks,

                      Dave Winet, coordinator
                      http://www.study.com