Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re DiscoverE's vcr files

  • Michael Shade
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      For Mac users considering this, Parallels costs around £40 UK ($80
      US), and allows you to open Windows within Mac OSX as a 'guest'
      operating system, so you can drag & drop files across from one to the
      other. I splashed out on it the other week precisely so I could get
      to the WiAOC sessions in DiscoverE & Alado - it works fine, just like
      being in Windows . . .

      Bootcamp is currently a free Beta, that will eventually be included
      in OSX 10.5 (Leopard) - but you have to shut down the system you're
      in & boot up the other each time you want to switch.

      Plus you need to install Windows, of course . . .

      Regards,

      Michael

      --------------------
      Michael Shade
      michael@...
      http://www.michalska.net
      http://blog.michalska.net/

      On 1 Jun 2007, at 16:29, Elizabeth Hanson-Smith wrote:

      > For all Mac users trying to see Moira's presentations from WiAOC, this
      > is the info I got by writing to DiscoverE directly:
      >
      > "The DiscoverE-IW platform is only available on intelMac running 3rd
      > party emulators such as Parallels [ www.parallels.com ] or Bootcamp[
      > www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp ]."
      >
      > However, I didn't seem able to view it on my PC laptop either. Will
      > try again when I am at home.
      >
      > --Elizabeth

    • Moira Hunter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        Hi Elizabeth,

        The Interwise platform is PC and the recordings made in Interwise are for PC only. Those are the recordings availbable at the moment. Together with the audio recordings made available by Jeffl (Worldbridges). I have looked at my own presentation on PC and it was fine when I did look.

        I am still waiting for DiscoverE to give the recordings made with Camtasia for viewing by all, ie those with Macs (without recent Macs with Windows nor Parallels).

        Moira :-)

        Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <ehansonsmi@...> wrote: For all Mac users trying to see Moira's presentations from WiAOC, this