Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Invitation to a Presentation

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 20 , May 31 2:16 AM
      Nina,

      Thanks for this discussion - it will clear my head.

      1630 GMT ( 4:30, as we used to say) is 1830 local,Central European German
      time. i.e. GMT plus 2.

      Dennis of Oz

    • Hala Fawzi
      Message 2 of 20 , May 31 2:52 AM
        Dennis,
        Supposed to to continue for 90 minutes, after the breakthey will come back for discussion groups( I am planning to discuss obstacles and how to ovr come them) and for joining a YG I created for Association of Sudanese English Language Teachers as their first step "out of isolation"!
        See you there Dennos!
        Hala

        Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote:
        Hala,

        I'll still be there but, accursed synchronicity, there is a bit of a clash.
        How long will your presentation be?

        Dennis

        Hala

      • susannenyrop
        Message 3 of 20 , May 31 3:08 AM
          Hello Hala,

          just a quick note that I would love to be with you for this event! And
          that I will find a slice of time for this :-)

          yours, Sus

          Hala writes

          > I would like to invite you to join me in my first webcasted
          > presentation at the BC, Khartoum on the 5th of June, 14:30 GMT at
          Alado

          > http://www.alado.net/webheads/id4.html
          >
          > The presentation is entitled "Out of Isolation Circles: Web2.0 for
          Teacher Professional Development".
        • Barbara Dieu
          Message 4 of 20 , May 31 3:18 AM
            Oh..I am teaching at the time!
            It will be recorded, won't it, Hala?
            Break a leg!
            Warm regards from Brazil,
            Bee

            --
            Barbara Dieu
            http://dekita.org

          • Dennis Newson
            Message 5 of 20 , May 31 4:53 AM
              Nina,

              To keep it simple, I checked that I do live in GMT + 2 at:

              http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter.htm

              So, Hala has told us her presentations begins at: 14:30 GMT = 16:30 German
              Time.

              I pushed it on 2 hours, didn't I?

              Sorry. I always had difficulties with numbers.

              Dennis

            • Nina Lyulkun
              Message 6 of 20 , May 31 5:05 AM
                Dennis,

                Thank you. Now it seems OK. I agree with you completely :-)
                So, it will be 17:30 in my area. I will try to come home back somehow
                and join your wonderful company.

                With warmest regards,
                Nina Lyulkun

                Dennis Newson wrote:
                > Nina,
                >
                > To keep it simple, I checked that I do live in GMT + 2 at:
                >
                > http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter.htm
                >
                > So, Hala has told us her presentations begins at: 14:30 GMT = 16:30 German
                > Time.
                > I pushed it on 2 hours, didn't I?

              • Rita Zeinstejer
                Message 7 of 20 , May 31 8:51 AM
                  I will be there, Hala.
                  Hope it is a success!
                  Rita

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Hala Fawzi
                  <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

                  > I would like to invite you to join me in my first webcasted
                  > presentation at the BC, Khartoum on the 5th of June, 14:30 GMT at
                  Alado

                  > http://www.alado.net/webheads/id4.html
                  >
                  > Your presence is will help me stay on my feet!
                  > I hope to see some of you there!
                  > Hala Fawzi

                • Carla arena
                  Message 8 of 20 , May 31 9:45 AM
                    Dear Hala,

                    I'll try to be there with you and am sure it will be a blast! This topic
                    really interests me.

                    Carla

                    On 5/31/07, Hala Fawzi <haloolahakema@...> wrote:

                    > Hi all,
                    >
                    > I would like to invite you to join me in my first webcasted
                    > presentation at the BC, Khartoum on the 5th of June, 14:30 GMT at Alado
                    >
                    > http://www.alado.net/webheads/id4.html

                  • Cora Chen
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 31 4:35 PM
                      Dear Hala,
                      I'm afraid I won't be able to attend your presentation because of the time zone difference. 14:30 GMT is early morning in my area, and I will have to get ready to leave for work at that time.

                      I'm sure your will be great at the presentation!

                      Lots of hugs,
                      Cora

                      >>> haloolahakema@... 05/31/07 12:21 AM >>>

                      Hi all,

                      I would like to invite you to join me in my first webcasted
                      presentation at the BC, Khartoum on the 5th of June, 14:30 GMT at Alado

                      http://www.alado.net/webheads/id4.html

                      The presentation is entitled "Out of Isolation Circles: Web2.0 for Teacher Professional Development".

                      This is the first Webcasted presentation in Sudan for English language teachers, actually for

                      teachers in all fields.

                      What I want is for those teachers to go home 'deadly' convinced of the benefit of using Web tools for TPD.

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 1, 2007
                        Wonderful, Hala. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. I'll try to join you.

                        Sasha

                      • Hala
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 2, 2007
                          Dear all,
                          A warm thank you for all who apologized for not being able to attend
                          and a warmest one for those who will join me.
                          Thank you for being there with me when I needed you!
                          http://www.alado.net/webheads/id1.html
                          Hala

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 2, 2007
                            Hi Hala,

                            As I mentioned I have a conflict at exactly that time, from around 14:00 GMT
                            but in case I'm able to break free for some time, how long will your event
                            go on? I have the impression it will carry on for an hour and a half, but
                            I/m not sure if that is correct.

                            As promised I have placed a notice of your event here:
                            http://www.vancestevens.com/online_events.htm#070605

                            You'll note that you will be on just before Stephen Heppel at George
                            Siemens's Future of Education Conference. (So much going on!)

                            Hope to catch you online Tuesday, if you'll still be there 15:00 or so.

                            > A warm thank you for all who apologized for not being able to attend
                            > and a warmest one for those who will join me.
                            > Thank you for being there with me when I needed you!
                            > http://www.alado.net/webheads/id1.html
                            > Hala
                            >

                            > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Hala Fawzi
                            > <haloolahakema@...> wrote:
                            >>

                            >> Hi all,
                            >>
                            >> I would like to invite you to join me in my first webcasted
                            >> presentation at the BC, Khartoum on the 5th of June, 14:30 GMT
                            > at Alado
                            >>
                            >> http://www.alado.net/webheads/id4.html
                            >>
                            >> The presentation is entitled "Out of Isolation Circles: Web2.0 for
                            > Teacher Professional Development".
                            >>
                            >> This is the first Webcasted presentation in Sudan for English
                            > language teachers, actually for
                            >>
                            >> teachers in all fields.
                            >>
                            >> What I want is for those teachers to go home 'deadly' convinced
                            > of the benefit of using Web tools for TPD.
                            >>
                            >> Your presence is will help me stay on my feet!
                            >> I hope to see some of you there!
                            >> Hala Fawzi

                            > For more information:

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links