Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Screen addiction, anyone?

  • cristina costa
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2007
      Dear Nina,
      I have just ventured in SL.

      After trying 2 times without much success, this weekend I decided to give it another shot.
      And with a little help from a dear Friend (thanks Bee for the guiding hand and fashion advice) I joined SL and have been there quite often flying around. I still have a lot to learn. I know I will need all the help I can get to make my journey in SL meaningful. I already know where to shop for free (Bee took me there) and have ventured in Edunation, but I still haven't met many people there... I will definitely try again.

      Here is my SL ID : Kayla Helgerud

      beijinhos

      Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> escreveu: Wesley Fryer writes about Second Life and other addictive screen
      activities in this post to his "Moving at the Speed of Creativity" blog:
      http://www.speedofcreativity.org/2007/04/22/need-for-digital-discipline-in-sl-and-rl/

      I posted my own comment at http://ninas1stblog.blogspot.com I have
      still not ventured into Second Life, inhibited by both a slow computer
      (but I've ordered new memory!) and by a reluctance to deepen my
      developing addiction to sitting in front of it. I may try it
      eventually, but right now there is too much in my RL and also in what
      I have already undertaken online to add in something like SL.

      Cris

    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2007
        Hi Cris,

        Remember to blog about your first impressions in SL and take some
        screenshots. Once you get used to it, the magic is gone...like
        everything else in life, I suppose...lol
        Bee

        --
        Barbara Dieu
        http://dekita.org
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2007
          Hi Bee,

          that is a great idea. I already have some screen shots. I will post a reflection about my first baby steps in SL in my new blog in the next few days. http://emerge.elgg.org/cristinacost/weblog

          Thanks for the tip.

          Thank you all who stopped by and left comments. It really means a lot to me. Hope to meet more of you there!

          Beijinhos

          Barbara Dieu <beeonline@...> escreveu: Hi Cris,

          Remember to blog about your first impressions in SL and take some
          screenshots. Once you get used to it, the magic is gone...like
          everything else in life, I suppose...lol
          Bee

          --
          Barbara Dieu
          http://dekita.org