Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Vance and Rita hosting Writing Matrix event 6:30 GMT April 21 LT

    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 22, 2007
      Hi, Rita and Vance!

      Congrats on another Webhead joint venture! I'll be listening to the
      recording later today.

      Rita, what courage to get up at 3 am!!! Kudos to you! :-)

      Hugs both, Teresa

      > Hi everyone,
      > You can find the recording of this presentation at
      > https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/launch/play.jnlp?psid=2007-
      > 04-21.0050.M.7AE801FFB697DA460D4BF25AA8C21B.vcr
      > and the show notes at http://writingmatrix.wikispaces.com
      > Enjoy and have F.U.N.
      > Vance
    • Dennis Newson
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 22, 2007
        Teresa,

        I just visited the Elluminate site and it said the recording had been
        deleted.

        Dennis Denos

        --

        Dennis Newson (retired)
        University Osnabrück

        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 22, 2007
          Dear Dennis,

          I've been listening to it for the past 20 mins. Open http://tinyurl.com/y3eh
          and scroll down. Click Webheads Recordings and on the new page choose the
          Apr 21 recording.

          Hugs, Teresa

          Teresa,
          I just visited the Elluminate site and it said the recording had been
          deleted.
          Dennis Denos

          On 22/04/07, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...> wrote:

          > Hi, Rita and Vance!
          >
          > Congrats on another Webhead joint venture! I'll be listening to the
          > recording later today.
          >
          > Rita, what courage to get up at 3 am!!! Kudos to you! :-)
          >
          > Hugs both, Teresa
        • MMV® Centro Multidisciplinario
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 24, 2007
            Hi Dennis, Teresa, Rita and Vance:
            I am in the same boat, will the recording be uploaded somewhere else?
            Love: Maru

            --

            Dennis Newson (retired)
            University Osnabrück

            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 24, 2007
              Dear Maru,

              I just started the recording in a different computer and it's working.

              Open http://writingmatrix.wikispaces.com and go down to "Vance and Rita gave
              a workshop...".

              Click the TinyURL link after "Rita Zeinstejer got up....".

              You may need to log in to Learning Times. If not, you should be taken to the
              "Webheads LT Virtual Office".

              Scroll down to a box that says "Related Content". Go down to the last entry,
              "Webheads Recordings", and click that.

              In the new page you should get a list of "Session Recordings Listed by
              Date".

              Click the Apr 21 link (last one).

              Hope this gets you to the recording.

              Hugs, Teresa

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 24, 2007
                Hi all,

                I realized that Teresa's description of how to get at the LT URL was going
                to be hard to explain so I've had the direct link that the LT link points to
                up at the wiki since the 21st

                Is the direct link not working for you? I just made a tiny url of it and
                posted it at the wiki, so the wiki now reads:

                Vance and Rita gave a workshop in Abu Dhabi on this topic (the one
                below) on April 21, 2007
                on Writing in a flat world: better blogging through social
                networking.Rita Zeinstejer got up at 3 a.m. to assist from Argentina via
                Elluminate at http://tinyurl.com/y3eh
                The workshop was recorded and is available here:
                https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/launch/play.jnlp?psid=2007-04-21.0050.M.7AE801FFB697DA460D4BF25AA8C21B.vcr

                Tiny URL: http://tinyurl.com/yo7lbc

                The tiny url works for me on IE. When I run it on Mozilla, Firefox wants to
                download a file and save it on my computer and I don't know if that will
                work since there isn't a run option.

                So try it in IE and let us know if it works for you.

                > I just started the recording in a different computer and it's working.
                >
                > Open http://writingmatrix.wikispaces.com and go down to "Vance and Rita
                > gave
                > a workshop...".
                >
                > Click the TinyURL link after "Rita Zeinstejer got up....".
                >
                > You may need to log in to Learning Times. If not, you should be taken to
                > the
                > "Webheads LT Virtual Office".
                >
                > Scroll down to a box that says "Related Content". Go down to the last
                > entry,
                > "Webheads Recordings", and click that.
                >
                > In the new page you should get a list of "Session Recordings Listed by
                > Date".
                >
                > Click the Apr 21 link (last one).
                >
                > Hope this gets you to the recording.
                >
                > Hugs, Teresa
                >

                > Hi Dennis, Teresa, Rita and Vance:
                > I am in the same boat, will the recording be uploaded somewhere else?
                > Love: Maru
                >
                > Dennis Newson <djn@...> wrote:
                > Teresa,
                >
                > I just visited the Elluminate site and it said the recording had been
                > deleted.
                >
                > Dennis Denos
                >

                > For more information:

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Saša Sirk
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 25, 2007
                  Dear Vance, Rita and others,

                  I followed Teresa's instructions and had no problems accessing your wonderful presentation - I was finally able to listen to it today and am very happy and proud that my small group of students also tries to be part of this. When demonstrating Technorati, Vance, you actually pulled one of my student blogs, which was a very pleasant surprise : - ). What follows is a description of our writingmatrix experience so far. I apologize in advance for my long post - I just thought that it might be of interest to some other teachers... if not just ignore it please and don't be mad with me.

                  I'm blogging with my students for the first time. It's a small group of employed adults who study informatics part-time (aged 29-50). I started about 1 month ago with now a bit neglected class blog at http://rostilj.blogspot.com <http://www.rostilj.blogspot.com> and then responded to Rita's invitation on this mailing list. A little more than a week ago some of my students started opening their blogs and tagging posts (there are links to them from our class blog). They do it in their own free time and out of their own interest because our English course is almost over. This short blogging experience has already been very enriching for our small group (8). This is some of it:

                  two of my students posted their videos on YouTube and embedded them into their blogs; one student, Matej, had filmed a bear with 3 cubs (there are many bears in our country and he likes watching and filming them) at http://catmanworld.blogspot.com/2007/04/world-of-bears.html , and another student, Suzana (or SueAnn, as she calls herself in her blog), shared her secret fingertalk message to comfort her little daughter when she is upset (she also posted the video on YouTube and then embedded it in her blog) at http://su4x.blogspot.com/2007/04/finger-talk_21.html . She is one of my few students who also posted comments to other writingmatrix and Dekita students blogs and received back the first response - a comment from Argentina. Needless to say, she was thrilled about it and so were we. : - ) To continue, Matej (the bear watcher) has also shared his mysterious near death experience at http://catmanworld.blogspot.com/2007/04/second-life.html , and another student of mine, Igor, confirmed this with a similar near-death experience in his comment to the post. A bit spooky. Last but not least - Ale�, another student, has just informed us that he became a father today for the first time and showed us his beautiful baby girl at http://bagonales.blogspot.com/2007/04/i-am-father.html

                  I'm happy because most of these student blogs truly are reflections of the students themselves. Although our little group still mostly interacts between itself (we've only just started blogging...) I love the overall atmosphere; we share our interests, thoughts, opinions, happiness, compassion. Two weaker students seem to have problems expressing themselves and I got the impression that they were more comfortable using our Moodle forum (we used it before moving the action in the blogosphere) -maybe they aren't too happy about showing their work to the world outside or feel too unsure about their English, I don't know... The others seem to have fun.

                  I know that this initial enthusiasm isn't very likely to continue for ever, esp. with all the exams looming ahead and the summer holidays approaching. But while it lasts, it's beautiful. THANK YOU VANCE, RITA, AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, if it weren't for this project, I'd still stick to our class blog and miss out most of the fun.

                  Seeing the presentation I figured I'd better list all my student blogs in the writingmatrix wiki, not just the class blog. I'm going to add the links now.

                  I hope I will somehow be able to join you at TI one of these Sundays. The meetings are at a very awkward time for me because I'm with my 2 little boys. Thanks again for sharing your presentation, I wish I had been there with you online as well. And thanks for letting our little group aboard. I'm not sure how many of my students will persist throughout the summer but the beginning of this voyage has been very enjoyable.

                  Warmly,

                  Sasha, Slovenia

                • Nina Liakos
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 25, 2007
                    Damn! Sorry I missed it! I only read this post today. :-( Hope it went
                    swimmingly.

                    Nina

                  • Nina Liakos
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 25, 2007
                      Hi Bee,
                      I've just glanced at the first few pages of photos (too many to view
                      tonight!). I love your flowers, clocks and pub signs. Looks like you spent
                      a lot of time in pubs! I wish there were captions.... I'd like to know what
                      buildings the pictures are of... but with that number of photos writing
                      captions for all would take a year!
                      Welcome home!
                      Nina

                    • Barbara Dieu
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 25, 2007
                        Thanks Nina. I will get into this eventually...when I have a little
                        time. I came back last Saturday and plunged again into my busy school
                        routine.
                        Bee

                        --
                        Barbara Dieu