Changedetection.com

  • Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2007
      Hi folks--
      I had been looking for some equivalent to RSS for Web pages that were not set up with an XML feed, and finally came across

      ChangeDetection.com

      After registering, you can enter any number of Web page addresses and
      ChangeDectection will send you an email when changes are made to them.
      (Like Feedblitz does for rss-capable pages.) Nice little bot.

      Cheers--
      --Elizabeth

    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2007
        Dear Gavin and all SL enthusiasts,

        I finally gave it a go. I joined SL. 'got my new 'Me'. I'm Chinky Kamachi (it rhymes- that's why I chose this name- easy for me to remember). But i'm telling you, transformation wasn't easy. I still want to change my wardrobe, but I can't figure out how. I see passerbys with their full gear- some even got their shades on. I only got my smeared mascarra :-) well at least I got nice cheekbones ;-)

        Anyway, I'm trying to look for the Iatefl Aberdeen meeting place in SL. I'm lost in my second life- and I haven't figured out how to speak.

        Any quick links out there i.e. SL for dummies?

        Aiden

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2007
          Hi Aiden,

          If you'll remind me of where and when the SL meetings are (I was away when
          those emails came in and I guess I'll check the Moodle, but need the info up
          front for quick access) ...

          Then I can offer
          Mirrors: This page is available at:

          a.. http://www.vancestevens.com/secondlife_edu.htm
          b.. http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/secondlife_edu.htm
          c.. http://www.prof2000.pt/users/vstevens/secondlife_edu.htm
          which starts with tips on navigation, might be helpful.

          Cheers, and see you there,

          Webhead Link

          > I finally gave it a go. I joined SL. 'got my new 'Me'. I'm Chinky Kamachi
          > (it rhymes- that's why I chose this name- easy for me to remember). But
          > i'm telling you, transformation wasn't easy. I still want to change my
          > wardrobe, but I can't figure out how. I see passerbys with their full
          > gear- some even got their shades on. I only got my smeared mascarra :-)
          > well at least I got nice cheekbones ;-)
          >
          > Anyway, I'm trying to look for the Iatefl Aberdeen meeting place in SL.
          > I'm lost in my second life- and I haven't figured out how to speak.
          >
          > Any quick links out there i.e. SL for dummies?
          >
          > Aiden

          > For more information:

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Gavin Dudeney
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 20, 2007
            Aiden,

            Sorry for not answring sooner... been a bit snowed under!

            Anyway, open up the Map (blue map button) and type in Edunation, then
            Search. When it finds the island, type in these coordinaes: 179,40,22 into
            the boxes at the bottom, then click on the Teleport button.

            Let meknow if you get there!

            Gavin

            c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
            Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770
            HYPERLINK "http://www.theconsultants-e.com/"http://www.theconsultants-e.com

            Winners, 2007 British Council ELTON awards - HYPERLINK
            "http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54"http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54
            Owners of the Second Life sim EduNation - HYPERLINK
            "http://tinyurl.com/yehbto"http://tinyurl.com/yehbto
            Sponsors of the 2006 UK Moodle Conference - HYPERLINK
            "http://www.moodlemoot.org/"http://www.moodlemoot.org

            CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

            _____

            I finally gave it a go. I joined SL. 'got my new 'Me'. I'm Chinky Kamachi
            (it rhymes- that's why I chose this name- easy for me to remember). But i'm
            telling you, transformation wasn't easy. I still want to change my wardrobe,
            but I can't figure out how. I see passerbys with their full gear- some even
            got their shades on. I only got my smeared mascarra :-) well at least I got
            nice cheekbones ;-)

            Anyway, I'm trying to look for the Iatefl Aberdeen meeting place in SL. I'm
            lost in my second life- and I haven't figured out how to speak.

            Any quick links out there i.e. SL for dummies?

            Aiden

            16:22

          • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 30 5:28 PM
              Through a link on one of Vance's pages I tracked down what look like a
              good step-by-step guide to getting started in SL, though oriented to a
              particular campus:

              <http://sl.nmc.org/wiki/Getting_Started>

              The references at the end are also worth a look, as they focus on
              educational aspects of the MUVE.

              --Elizabeth