Re: Partner for Project ?

  • Doris Molero
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2007
      Hi, Rita! I'm Doris from Venezuela. My students are finishing their
      trimester in two weeks. Their final project is to showcase their work
      during the semester in a blog. I'd be great if students from the world
      could drop by and leave a message. We are also starting a new trimester
      in three weeks. I'm planning to have my students open their blogs from
      the begining so we could participate in this project with you guys! Hope
      we can learn, share and have lots of F.U.N together.

      Right now I have 13 groups... they are basic and low intermediate
      students from Universidad Dr. Rafael Belloso Chacin
      <http://www.urbe.edu/> in Maracaibo. I think next trimester I'll have
      the same number of groups.

      Here you can visit our class blog "Doris3m Efl Center
      <http://www.doris3meflcenter.blogspot.com/> "

      Looking forward to working together! A warm hug and keep on shining!

    • Nina Liakos
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2007
        Jane,
        Maybe we can collaborate in the fall semester. I am not sure yet
        which class I will be teaching, but it may be the same (fairly)
        advanced semi-intensive class (students already enrolled in some
        credit classes at UMD). I have not had much luck getting them to buy
        into the blog thing this semester, but maybe if there were a
        colaborative element the next group might be better. Let's talk!
        Nina

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Jane Petring
        <want2no7@...> wrote:

        > Rita (or anyone else),
        >
        > My students would love to have some comments from students in
        other parts of the world. Our session is beginning to wind down--we
        finish in mid-May, but the schedule is pretty tight from now until the
        end. My students are college age (18 and up). In my low-intermediate
        group the blogging project has revolved around a TV journal where the
        students choose a TV show and write summaries, reactions, etc to the
        show. This project has worked very well--you will find links to the
        individual students' blogs in the right sidebar (there are two groups
        for Winter 2007, one in Longueuil and the other at ENA, the
        aeronautical campus); I put their first names and the TV show they chose:
        > http://www.englishcedblog.blogspot.com/
        >
        > With my advanced students, we have been using Maclean's magazine
        (a Canadian weekly) as a springboard for discussions. Students have
        had formal assignments to turn it, but I have encouraged them to use
        the blog to share some of their reflections. I always include a link
        to the specific articles in my post, so it's possible for outsiders to
        read the article they are responding to. Again there are two groups
        for Winter 2007 from the two campuses:
        > http://www.englishcefblog.blogspot.com/
        >
        > Rita, or anyone else, I'd love to plan a truly collaborative
        project with students around the world for next fall if anyone is
        interested.