Problems with the WIAOC proposal page

  • Anne Fox
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2007
      I have been having problems getting into the proposal page for WIAOC.
      I think I have tried everything such as trying various passwords,
      registering with a different email and trying to get the system to
      send me my username and password but nothing works. Even though I get
      a message saying an email has been sent, nothing arrives. I see that I
      am now listed three times but I just can't access it. Can anyone help
      as the deadline draws near?
    • Sophie Ioannou-Georgiou
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2007
        Many apologies for cross-postings

        ***2nd CALL FOR PAPERS***

        * Deadline extended to 6th May, 2007 *

        New and Emerging Technologies in ELT

        Loyola College,
        Chennai (Madras), India,
        August 3 ¡V 5 , 2007

        This will be a three-day conference organized by ELTAI and the
        IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG. The event will host a variety of
        practical and theoretical presentations centering on the
        conference¡¦s theme of new and emerging technologies. The talks and
        workshops will cater both to experienced and novice teacher-users of
        learning technologies.

        Papers addressing a variety of aspects in the application and
        research of New and Emerging Technologies in language teaching and
        learning will be considered. Main area of interest to the conference
        is Web 2.0 and its effects on the learning and teaching of
        languages. Other proposals which are related to the general area of
        learning technologies will also be considered. Sample areas of
        interest to the conference are:

        Ħpodcast and vodcast technology Ħ implementation of CMC technologies
        Ħ issues in teacher and learner training Ħ blogs and wikis
        Ħ research on implementation and effectiveness of Learning
        Technologies Ħ the use of Virtual Learning Environments Ħ Virtual
        Worlds

        CONFIRMED PLENARY PRESENTATIONS

        Prof James Coleman, Open University, UK
        ¡§Eeyore and the pixel dropout: what¡¦s wrong with technology-enhanced
        language learning?¡¨

        Phil Hubbard, Stanford University, USA
        ¡§Learner Training: a central issue for CALL¡¨

        Gary Motteram, University of Manchester, UK
        & Sophie Ioannou-Georgiou, Cyprus Pedagogical Institute, Cyprus
        ¡§Are language teachers fit for Web 6.0?¡¨

        Michael Coghlan, e-Learning Consultant, Australia
        ¡§Language learning in a connected world¡¨

        Proposals for contributions to the conference should be submitted by
        6th May 2007.

        For more information check the event¡¦s website at:
        http://www.ltsig.org.uk/