Re: Enjoy initiating Japan into hybrid reality conferences

  • Steve McCarty
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2007
      Congratulations to those who made it to Seattle.

      We didn't have enough experience to accommodate
      those who either used Ventrilo or did not,
      so I'm doubly appreciative of the feedback.

      One of our WAOE members in the U.S. reported
      that she didn't get Ventrilo in time but enjoyed
      the ambience, slides, and Gavin's avatar's moves.

      We've had good results viewing in SL with prompt
      resolutions of images and the whole environment.
      When we were preparing with Gavin the previous day
      and I wasn't preoccupied with the presentation
      and Mac and Win computers, Gavin could hear us
      speaking into the mic, and his voice boomed into
      the room speakers. During the presentation itself,
      occasionally the room speakers would announce the
      entry or departure of people, giving an amusing
      air of spontaneous unpredictability, not knowing
      when another world would intrude upon this one.

      Regarding Alicia's enquiry about "access to the
      recordings of this event through the net," yes,
      so far there are a number of items linked under
      Presentations at the site below, including
      Gavin's video of a few minutes from within SL,
      which, like Kurosawa's "Rashomon," showed a
      different perspective on the same event. See:
      http://www.waoe.org/steve/epublist.html

      Thanks,
      Steve

      > > Here is a Web page with shots of the presentation in the
      EduNation Workshop: