RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Enjoy initiating Japan into hybrid reality conferences

  • Gavin Dudeney
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2007
      Anne,

      The audio was very quiet, I think, because Steve was using a mic in a laptop
      rather than a headset or whatever. He was, of course, controlling two
      computers at the same time - so a pretty good job...But next time we need to
      think more about the audio. With regard to the slides, a slide in SL is
      simply a texture or image. The Second Life viewer tries to show you
      everything in your field of vision, so sometimes it can be quite slow to
      show everything. There are two tricks:

      1) Move your mouse pointer over the slide - this gives it a certain amount
      of focus and it is shown quicker
      2) Try moving the pointer over the slide, then hold down ALT and the left
      mouse button and move the mouse to zoom in on the image. If you get the
      image focussed and filling up your SL viewer screen it will be very quick to
      show up as there is less cluter to show.

      Hope that helps,

      Gavin

      c/ Ceramica 54, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
      Tel: +34 93 427 4240 | +44 20 7193 0770
      HYPERLINK "http://www.theconsultants-e.com/"http://www.theconsultants-e.com

      Winners, 2007 British Council ELTON awards - HYPERLINK
      "http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54"http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54
      Owners of the Second Life sim EduNation - HYPERLINK
      "http://tinyurl.com/yehbto"http://tinyurl.com/yehbto
      Sponsors of the 2006 UK Moodle Conference - HYPERLINK
      "http://www.moodlemoot.org/"http://www.moodlemoot.org

      CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

      _____