Re: [evonline2002_webheads] looking for links to activities showing practice with speaking & pronunciation

  • cristina costa
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
      Dear Christine,
      I have used podcasts with my students in the past. There is an article on it in teh last TESOL Teachers Essential magazine.

      One about Valentine's http://dreamteam.podomatic.com/
      Another one about April fools day http://aprilfoolsday.podomatic.com/

      "Bauer-Ramazani, Christine" <cbauer-ramazani@...> escreveu: Dear Webheads,

      Many of you have posted links to your activities with students
      practicing their speaking and pronunciation skills. For an upcoming
      TESOL presentation, I am looking for some examples of such student
      activities that you have on your Web site and that I could link to, e.g.
      a podcast, a chat, a video, etc. Naturally your work will be cited in
      the presentation.

      Thank you very much for your help.

      Christine
      Christine Bauer-Ramazani
      School of International Studies phone: 802-654-2642
      Saint Michael's College fax: 802-654-2595
      One Winooski Park
      Colchester, VT 05439-0253

      web site: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/
      online CALL course:
      academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_demo.
      htm

      Cris

    • Michael Coghlan
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
        Cristina - just curious: these are great. Did your students do these
        Podomatic posts in class? ie were there firewall issues, or did they
        do them off campus?

        - Michael.

        At 07:07 PM 3/5/2007, you wrote:

        >Dear Christine,
        >I have used podcasts with my students in the past. There is an
        >article on it in teh last TESOL Teachers Essential magazine.
        >
        >One about Valentine's
        ><http://dreamteam.podomatic.com/>http://dreamteam.podomatic.com/
        >Another one about April fools day
        ><http://aprilfoolsday.podomatic.com/>http://aprilfoolsday.podomatic.com/
        >
        >"Bauer-Ramazani, Christine"
        ><<mailto:cbauer-ramazani%40smcvt.edu>cbauer-ramazani@...>
        >escreveu: Dear Webheads,
        >
        >Many of you have posted links to your activities with students
        >practicing their speaking and pronunciation skills. For an upcoming
        >TESOL presentation, I am looking for some examples of such student
        >activities that you have on your Web site and that I could link to, e.g.
        >a podcast, a chat, a video, etc. Naturally your work will be cited in
        >the presentation.
        >
        >Thank you very much for your help.
        >
        >Christine
        >Christine Bauer-Ramazani
        >School of International Studies phone: 802-654-2642
        >Saint Michael's College fax: 802-654-2595
        >One Winooski Park
        >Colchester, VT 05439-0253

      • YD Chen
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
          Hello,Christine,
          You are welcome to link your webpage to my virtual classrooms below:
          1. http://218.21.64.31/pic/ee.htm ( with students from both Italy and China and teachers from China,USA,UAE and Italy )
          2.http://www.jacksonschool.org/webcasts/STONE2/Stone/ ( with students from USA and Teacher from China )
          3.ftp://218.21.64.31/test%20with%20uk/index.htm ( with teachers from China and students from UK )
          4. ftp://218.21.64.31/candyTinayaodong/index.htm ( with teachers from USA and China and China Taiwan )
          5. http://www.jacksonschool.org/webcasts/chinese/ (with teachers from USA and China)
          6. http://218.21.64.31/pic/rec.htm ( with engineer students in Italy and teachers from China)

          Let me know if they work for you.
          Yaodong ( a webhead member from Liuzhou,China)

          "Bauer-Ramazani, Christine" <cbauer-ramazani@...> wrote:
[...]

        • Aiden Yeh
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2007
            Hi Christine,

            I taught E-News during the winter vacation. This session was offered by our school as part of the English Language Center's public service project. There were 3 sessions. Each session was a week long. This was entirely online. Students were from different schools in Southern Taiwan.

            Session 1, http://enews4u-session-1.wikispaces.com/
            Session 2, http://enews4u-session-1.wikispaces.com/
            Session 3, http://enews4u-session-1.wikispaces.com/

            I hope this helps :-)