Life in Key West - Blogging about Culture and Language

  • Carla arena
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2007
      Dear All,

      sorry for cross-posting...

      I know that everybody is really busy at this time of the year...My case,
      too!

      However, I wanted to share with you a blog that I've been trying to start,
      but there's always something more important to do, and I keep
      procrastinating about it...Finally, today I did it! Started this blog about
      the Life in Key West. I intend to write about culture, but also to have
      language notes for students, anecdotes...Anything that happens that I think
      it is nice to blog about! It's a way to keep connected to friends and
      family, plus it's a chance to give some insights to my students, and to
      speak up my mind!

      I've included some photos and I hope you like it!

      http://brazilnaskeywest.wordpress.com/

      Beijos,

      See some of you in Seattle!

      Carla

    • Monica Wiesmann-Hirchert
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2007
        Dear Carla,

        I love Key West! Although I live 7 hours north of Key West (Cape
        Canaveral/Central Florida), my husband & I try to take a trip at least once
        a year. We got married in Key West at sunset! I am also originally from
        Brazil but an American citizen. I am currently working in Ankara, Turkey,
        which makes trips to Key West quite difficult!

        Enjoy!

        Cheers,

        Monica

        _____

        I know that everybody is really busy at this time of the year...My case,
        too!

        However, I wanted to share with you a blog that I've been trying to start,
        but there's always something more important to do, and I keep
        procrastinating about it...Finally, today I did it! Started this blog about
        the Life in Key West. I intend to write about culture, but also to have
        language notes for students, anecdotes...Anything that happens that I think
        it is nice to blog about! It's a way to keep connected to friends and
        family, plus it's a chance to give some insights to my students, and to
        speak up my mind!

        I've included some photos and I hope you like it!

        http://brazilnaskey <http://brazilnaskeywest.wordpress.com/>
        west.wordpress.com/

        Beijos,

        See some of you in Seattle!