Re: [evonline2002_webheads] looking for links to activities showing practice with speaking & pronunciation

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4 3:54 PM
      Hi Christine
      You may want to have a look at Maria Fernanda's excellent project
      http://mfr.podomatic.com/
      and here I have some of my stds talking on different topics
      http://lycee.podomatic.com
      Warm regards from Brazil (and looking forward to meeting you at Tesol!)
      Bee

      --
      Barbara Dieu
      http://dekita.org

    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4 7:09 PM
        Dear Christine,

        I've produced some podcasts with my conversation groups, and you can see the
        result at http://www.sambaefl.podomatic.com/

        I love the "Brazilian Wonders", "Stereotypes", and "How to Make Chocolate
        Easter Eggs". The podcasts were a result of some conversation classes,
        content and vocabulary development. The first stage was the recording, after
        lots of input and class discussion. They were very special students!

        Hope that's what you were looking for...

        See you in Seattle!

        Carla

        On 3/4/07, Bauer-Ramazani, Christine <cbauer-ramazani@...> wrote:

        > Dear Webheads,
        >
        > Many of you have posted links to your activities with students
        > practicing their speaking and pronunciation skills. For an upcoming
        > TESOL presentation, I am looking for some examples of such student
        > activities that you have on your Web site and that I could link to, e.g.
        > a podcast, a chat, a video, etc. Naturally your work will be cited in
        > the presentation.
        >
        > Thank you very much for your help.
        >
        > Christine
        > Christine Bauer-Ramazani
        > School of International Studies phone: 802-654-2642
        > Saint Michael's College fax: 802-654-2595
        > One Winooski Park
        > Colchester, VT 05439-0253
        >
        > web site: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/
        > online CALL course:
        > academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_demo.
        > htm

      • cristina costa
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5 12:37 AM
          Dear Christine,
          I have used podcasts with my students in the past. There is an article on it in teh last TESOL Teachers Essential magazine.

          One about Valentine's http://dreamteam.podomatic.com/
          Another one about April fools day http://aprilfoolsday.podomatic.com/

          "Bauer-Ramazani, Christine" <cbauer-ramazani@...> escreveu: Dear Webheads,

[...]

        • Michael Coghlan
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5 4:32 AM
            Cristina - just curious: these are great. Did your students do these
            Podomatic posts in class? ie were there firewall issues, or did they
            do them off campus?

            - Michael.

            At 07:07 PM 3/5/2007, you wrote:

            >Dear Christine,
            >I have used podcasts with my students in the past. There is an
            >article on it in teh last TESOL Teachers Essential magazine.
            >
            >One about Valentine's
            ><http://dreamteam.podomatic.com/>http://dreamteam.podomatic.com/
            >Another one about April fools day
            ><http://aprilfoolsday.podomatic.com/>http://aprilfoolsday.podomatic.com/
            >
            >"Bauer-Ramazani, Christine"
            ><<mailto:cbauer-ramazani%40smcvt.edu>cbauer-ramazani@...>
            >escreveu: Dear Webheads,
            >
            >Many of you have posted links to your activities with students
            >practicing their speaking and pronunciation skills. For an upcoming
            >TESOL presentation, I am looking for some examples of such student
            >activities that you have on your Web site and that I could link to, e.g.
            >a podcast, a chat, a video, etc. Naturally your work will be cited in
            >the presentation.
            >
            >Thank you very much for your help.
            >
            >Christine
            >Christine Bauer-Ramazani
            >School of International Studies phone: 802-654-2642
            >Saint Michael's College fax: 802-654-2595
            >One Winooski Park
            >Colchester, VT 05439-0253

          • YD Chen
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 5 7:23 PM
              Hello,Christine,
              You are welcome to link your webpage to my virtual classrooms below:
              1. http://218.21.64.31/pic/ee.htm ( with students from both Italy and China and teachers from China,USA,UAE and Italy )
              2.http://www.jacksonschool.org/webcasts/STONE2/Stone/ ( with students from USA and Teacher from China )
              3.ftp://218.21.64.31/test%20with%20uk/index.htm ( with teachers from China and students from UK )
              4. ftp://218.21.64.31/candyTinayaodong/index.htm ( with teachers from USA and China and China Taiwan )
              5. http://www.jacksonschool.org/webcasts/chinese/ (with teachers from USA and China)
              6. http://218.21.64.31/pic/rec.htm ( with engineer students in Italy and teachers from China)

              Let me know if they work for you.
              Yaodong ( a webhead member from Liuzhou,China)

[...]

            • Aiden Yeh
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6 11:40 PM
                Hi Christine,

                I taught E-News during the winter vacation. This session was offered by our school as part of the English Language Center's public service project. There were 3 sessions. Each session was a week long. This was entirely online. Students were from different schools in Southern Taiwan.

                Session 1, http://enews4u-session-1.wikispaces.com/
                Session 2, http://enews4u-session-1.wikispaces.com/
                Session 3, http://enews4u-session-1.wikispaces.com/

                I hope this helps :-)