Edunation / meanwhile back in Ja pan

  • waoe@mail.goo.ne.jp
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2007
      In the Webheads hut it was bright, but Edunation has been dark
      from morning to evening, Japan time. Do the lights only go on
      for events? I do appreciate the plumerias even at night,
      recalling their fragrance at the East-West Center in Hawaii.

      Incidentally, my Japan-born "half" 15-year-old son was accepted by
      the Osaka Prefectural College of Technology, mostly paper tests
      where he could appreciate his English advantage. When he was
      interviewed about his selling points, in the Japanese way he
      couldn't say anything that would sound boastful like teaching
      the neighborhood kids to use a Macintosh at age 3. So he said
      (my translation of his Japanese): "I do English conversation with
      my old man." Even this was completely from the Japanese standpoint :-|

      Steve McCarty
      Video blog: http://japancasting.blip.tv
      Mobile phone site (please sign the Guestbook): http://winksite.com/waoe/mall
      Online library: http://www.waoe.org/steve/epublist.html