Conversation partners sought

  • Anne Fox
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2007
      Next week at 13.30 GMT I am starting an 8 week course (which will be
      interrupted by Easter and other events) of English for my colleagues.
      It will be a small group and extremely mixed from beginners to
      advanced. I have therefore decided to divide the group in 2 and set
      one half some recording tasks while I interact with the other half
      and vice versa half way through the session.

      For the more advanced half who are interested in presentation,
      negotiation and project interactions I thought it would be a good
      idea for them to prepare a series of recorded artefacts which could
      be added to our institution website to explain who we are to foreign
      visitors (text, photos with oral commentary,PPT or video). It would
      be nice if I could also set up a few live chats where this small
      group of 3 or 4 people could speak with non-native English speakers
      about how to reach people in this way, what works and why and so on.
      I am willing to be flexible on the topic though. If there is anyone
      out there who has a similar small group or just an individual who
      could use maybe Flashmeeting or Horizon then I would be grateful to
      hear from you off list. The meetings do not have to start straight
      away next week.

      I work in a small adult education institution offering training in
      IT, language, accounting, teambuilding and project management.