Re: How technology can support the personalisation of learning

  • Ismail
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2007
      Hi Chriss,

      Are you planning for a "synchronous" meeting or just a forum
      discussion in the moodle platform. If a live meeting, what time? I
      would love to participate. I've also joined your platform.

      Good luck,
      Ismail Fayed.
      YahID: ismailfayed

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "chrisswaine1419"
      <chris.swaine@...> wrote:

      > Dear Colleagues,
      >
      > This coming Thursday [15th Feb], we are running an event in the UK
      > for key stakeholders from the schools and Post 16 education
      sectors,
      > to look at how technology can support and enhance the
      > personalisation of learning. We will have in the region of 90
      > delegates at this event.
      >
      > On the day itself, we will have 14 tables of delegates and we will
      > be looking at four key elements:
      >
      > • Assessment
      > • The learning and teaching dynamic
      > • Support networks
      > • Personalised content
      >
      > I am sure that the debate on how technology can support and
      enhance
      > personalisation isn't restricted to just the UK.
      >
      > Would you like to contribute? Wouldn't it be fun to have a 15th
      > table – the international community virtual contributors table -
      > webheads of the world unite!!
      >
      > We have a support Moodle site for this event at:
      > www.personalisinglearning.info/vle which provides a lot more
      > information and presents some activities to consider.
      >
      > It would be smashing if we could get some international
      > contributions. Just register on the site, introduce yourself via
      the
      > main `introduction to activity' forum board, telling us who you
      are,
      > where you are from, what you do etc etc
      >
      > ……and then please feel able to contribute to any of the sections –
      > but concentrating on the four above.
      >
      > The site is now open so you could crack on now if you wanted. We
      can
      > then reference these on the day itself.
      >
      > :o)
      >
      > Very best regards…Chris…
      >
      > SL - Chris Eggplant
      > Skype: chrisswaine1419

    • Susan Kozicki
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
        Hi Ismail
        I'm really pleased some of the webheads are joining the discussion platform on personalisation of learning. I will be attending the live event on Thursday of this week. Delegates will be a mixture of high level policy makers from the UK and practitioners from all education sectors, so it should be an interesting and worthwhile conference.

        The focus of the event is debate and discussion and will benefit greatly by its online extension via the discussion platform. I'm really looking forward to hearing international examples of practice and perspectives. It is especially useful as we in the UK tend to be a little insular and have a lot to learn from other educational communities.
        I look forward to discussions with you and other webheads
        susan kozicki
        ________________________________

        <chris.swaine@...> wrote:

        > Dear Colleagues,
        >
        > This coming Thursday [15th Feb], we are running an event in the UK
        > for key stakeholders from the schools and Post 16 education
        sectors,
        > to look at how technology can support and enhance the
        > personalisation of learning. We will have in the region of 90
        > delegates at this event.
        >
        > On the day itself, we will have 14 tables of delegates and we will
        > be looking at four key elements:
        >
        > * Assessment
        > * The learning and teaching dynamic
        > * Support networks
        > * Personalised content
        >
        > I am sure that the debate on how technology can support and
        enhance
        > personalisation isn't restricted to just the UK.
        >
        > Would you like to contribute? Wouldn't it be fun to have a 15th
        > table - the international community virtual contributors table -
        > webheads of the world unite!!
        >
        > We have a support Moodle site for this event at:
        > www.personalisinglearning.info/vle which provides a lot more
        > information and presents some activities to consider.
        >
        > It would be smashing if we could get some international
        > contributions. Just register on the site, introduce yourself via
        the
        > main `introduction to activity' forum board, telling us who you
        are,
        > where you are from, what you do etc etc
        >
        > ......and then please feel able to contribute to any of the sections -
        > but concentrating on the four above.
        >
        > The site is now open so you could crack on now if you wanted. We
        can
        > then reference these on the day itself.
        >
        > :o)
        >
        > Very best regards...Chris...
        >
        > SL - Chris Eggplant
        > Skype: chrisswaine1419

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Ismail
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2007
          Thanks Susan for your reply. Wow, sounds like a VIP meeting. I look
          forward to a fruitful meeting and discussion for all.

          Ismail.

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Kozicki"
          <susan.kozicki@...> wrote:

          > Hi Ismail
          > I'm really pleased some of the webheads are joining the discussion
          platform on personalisation of learning. I will be attending the
          live event on Thursday of this week. Delegates will be a mixture of
          high level policy makers from the UK and practitioners from all
          education sectors, so it should be an interesting and worthwhile
          conference.

          > The focus of the event is debate and discussion and will benefit
          greatly by its online extension via the discussion platform. I'm
          really looking forward to hearing international examples of practice
          and perspectives. It is especially useful as we in the UK tend to be
          a little insular and have a lot to learn from other educational
          communities.
          > I look forward to discussions with you and other webheads
          > susan kozicki

          http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.h
          tm

          extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
          delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
          Thanks!!