RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Examples of learners' blogs?

  • Susan Kozicki
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
      hi Eric
      Chris and I ran a pilot project with a number of organisations last year in England and Wales. Participating organisations trialled how weblogs could be used in teaching and learning.

      Full reports of the English projects (including blogs urls) can be found at http://www.aclearn.net/display.cfm?page=1570
      Full reports of the Welsh projects (including blog urls) can be found at http://www.aclearn.net/display.cfm?page=1809

      Of particular interest is the Swansea Council for Voluntary Services weblog project case study. The project used weblogs with Community Development Trainees to gather evidence for their Community Development Work National Vocational Qualification.
      Hope this helps
      susan

      ________________________________

      Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Examples of learners' blogs?

      Hi all,

      I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just
      checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find
      they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could
      highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!

      Thanks

      Eric

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Gladys Baya
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
        Might this one be of interest?

        http://caereaders.blogspot.com

        Gladys

        ... Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could highlight? ...
      • Dennis Newson
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
          Gladys,

          Thank's for the blog URL.

          Dennis

        • Carla arena
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
            Dear Eric,

            This week, in our EVO session, we made a selection of some specific posts
            with lots of interaction to share with the group. You might like to take a
            look

            http://bloggingforbeginners.pbwiki.com/WeeklyTasks4 (Blogs of the Week)

            Hope it helps.

            good luck.

            carla

            On 2/7/07, Eric Baber <Eric@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just
            > checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find
            > they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could
            > highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Eric

          • CJones
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 9, 2007
              Hi, Eric,

              This blog is pretty out of date, but I haven't yet figured out how
              to use blogs in my new teaching situation.

              http://esl-internet.blogspot.com/

              Chris Jones

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Baber"
              <Eric@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have
              just
              > checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to
              find
              > they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I
              could
              > highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything
              really!

              > Thanks
              >
              > Eric

            • Maria Jordano
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 11, 2007
                Hi Eric,

                This is the one that I have this year with my students: http://inglesturismo0607.blogspot.com/

                and this one is the one that I had two years ago. As you will see, there are links to other student's blog and they are still posting!!

                http://lenguainglesaiv.blogspot.com/

                I hope this helps!

                MarĂ­a

                www.mariajordano.com

                I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just

                checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find

                they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could

                highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!

                Thanks

                Eric

                <!--

                #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                #ygrp-text{
                font-family:Georgia;
                }
                #ygrp-text p{
                margin:0 0 1em 0;
                }
                #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                font-family:Arial;
                clear:both;
                }
                #ygrp-vitnav{
                padding-top:10px;
                font-family:Verdana;
                font-size:77%;
                margin:0;
                }
                #ygrp-vitnav a{
                padding:0 1px;
                }
                #ygrp-actbar{
                clear:both;
                margin:25px 0;
                white-space:nowrap;
                color:#666;
                text-align:right;
                }
                #ygrp-actbar .left{
                float:left;
                white-space:nowrap;
                }
                .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                #ygrp-grft{
                font-family:Verdana;
                font-size:77%;
                padding:15px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-ft{
                font-family:verdana;
                font-size:77%;
                border-top:1px solid #666;
                padding:5px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                padding-bottom:10px;
                }

                #ygrp-vital{
                background-color:#e0ecee;
                margin-bottom:20px;
                padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
                }
                #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                font-size:77%;
                font-family:Verdana;
                font-weight:bold;
                color:#333;
                text-transform:uppercase;
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul{
                padding:0;
                margin:2px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul li{
                list-style-type:none;
                clear:both;
                border:1px solid #e0ecee;
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                font-weight:bold;
                color:#ff7900;
                float:right;
                width:2em;
                text-align:right;
                padding-right:.5em;
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                font-weight:bold;
                }
                #ygrp-vital a {
                text-decoration:none;
                }

                #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                text-decoration:underline;
                }

                #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                color:#999;
                font-size:77%;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                padding:6px 13px;
                background-color:#e0ecee;
                margin-bottom:20px;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                padding:0 0 0 8px;
                margin:0;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                list-style-type:square;
                padding:6px 0;
                font-size:77%;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                text-decoration:none;
                font-size:130%;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                background-color:#eee;
                margin-bottom:20px;
                padding:0 8px;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                padding:8px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                font-family:Arial;
                font-weight:bold;
                color:#628c2a;
                font-size:100%;
                line-height:122%;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                text-decoration:none;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                text-decoration:underline;
                }
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                margin:0;
                }
                o {font-size:0;}
                .MsoNormal {
                margin:0 0 0 0;
                }
                #ygrp-text tt{
                font-size:120%;
                }
                blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                .replbq {margin:4;}
                -->

              • Michael Ivy
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 12, 2007
                  Dear Eric,

                  You're mot welcome to visit out student (really tutor) Blog at

                  http://romelfblog.blogspot.com

                  Do have your students send in their comments as well.

                  And how about British Council Oporto teacher Mark Appleby's students'
                  blog? There is some excellent writing here. Go to:

                  http://britishcouncilhub.blogspot.com

                  All the best,

                  Mike Ivy
                • Michael Ivy
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007
                    Dear Eric,

                    About visiting our Blog: of course I meant "most welcome", not "mot
                    welcome" - just in case it sounded like "not welcome", which is of
                    course not the case.

                    Sorry for that.

                    Kind regards,

                    Michael Ivy