Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Examples of learners' blogs?

  • Eric Baber
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
      Thanks Bee and Susana for the links to your students' blogs - that's great!

      All the best

      Eric
    • Susan Kozicki
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
        hi Eric
        Chris and I ran a pilot project with a number of organisations last year in England and Wales. Participating organisations trialled how weblogs could be used in teaching and learning.

        Full reports of the English projects (including blogs urls) can be found at http://www.aclearn.net/display.cfm?page=1570
        Full reports of the Welsh projects (including blog urls) can be found at http://www.aclearn.net/display.cfm?page=1809

        Of particular interest is the Swansea Council for Voluntary Services weblog project case study. The project used weblogs with Community Development Trainees to gather evidence for their Community Development Work National Vocational Qualification.
        Hope this helps
        susan

        ________________________________

        Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Examples of learners' blogs?

        Hi all,

        I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just
        checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find
        they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could
        highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!

        Thanks

        Eric

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Gladys Baya
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
          Might this one be of interest?

          http://caereaders.blogspot.com

          Gladys

          ... Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could highlight? ...
        • Dennis Newson
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
            Gladys,

            Thank's for the blog URL.

            Dennis

          • Carla arena
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
              Dear Eric,

              This week, in our EVO session, we made a selection of some specific posts
              with lots of interaction to share with the group. You might like to take a
              look

              http://bloggingforbeginners.pbwiki.com/WeeklyTasks4 (Blogs of the Week)

              Hope it helps.

              good luck.

              carla

              On 2/7/07, Eric Baber <Eric@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just
              > checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find
              > they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could
              > highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!
              >
              > Thanks
              >
              > Eric

            • CJones
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 9, 2007
                Hi, Eric,

                This blog is pretty out of date, but I haven't yet figured out how
                to use blogs in my new teaching situation.

                http://esl-internet.blogspot.com/

                Chris Jones

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Baber"
                <Eric@...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                >
                > I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have
                just
                > checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to
                find
                > they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I
                could
                > highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything
                really!

                > Thanks
                >
                > Eric

              • Maria Jordano
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 11, 2007
                  Hi Eric,

                  This is the one that I have this year with my students: http://inglesturismo0607.blogspot.com/

                  and this one is the one that I had two years ago. As you will see, there are links to other student's blog and they are still posting!!

                  http://lenguainglesaiv.blogspot.com/

                  I hope this helps!

                  MarĂ­a

                  www.mariajordano.com

                  I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just

                  checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find

                  they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could

                  highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!

                  Thanks

                  Eric

                  <!--

                  #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                  #ygrp-text{
                  font-family:Georgia;
                  }
                  #ygrp-text p{
                  margin:0 0 1em 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                  font-family:Arial;
                  clear:both;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vitnav{
                  padding-top:10px;
                  font-family:Verdana;
                  font-size:77%;
                  margin:0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vitnav a{
                  padding:0 1px;
                  }
                  #ygrp-actbar{
                  clear:both;
                  margin:25px 0;
                  white-space:nowrap;
                  color:#666;
                  text-align:right;
                  }
                  #ygrp-actbar .left{
                  float:left;
                  white-space:nowrap;
                  }
                  .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                  #ygrp-grft{
                  font-family:Verdana;
                  font-size:77%;
                  padding:15px 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-ft{
                  font-family:verdana;
                  font-size:77%;
                  border-top:1px solid #666;
                  padding:5px 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                  padding-bottom:10px;
                  }

                  #ygrp-vital{
                  background-color:#e0ecee;
                  margin-bottom:20px;
                  padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                  font-size:77%;
                  font-family:Verdana;
                  font-weight:bold;
                  color:#333;
                  text-transform:uppercase;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital ul{
                  padding:0;
                  margin:2px 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital ul li{
                  list-style-type:none;
                  clear:both;
                  border:1px solid #e0ecee;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                  font-weight:bold;
                  color:#ff7900;
                  float:right;
                  width:2em;
                  text-align:right;
                  padding-right:.5em;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                  font-weight:bold;
                  }
                  #ygrp-vital a {
                  text-decoration:none;
                  }

                  #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                  text-decoration:underline;
                  }

                  #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                  color:#999;
                  font-size:77%;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                  padding:6px 13px;
                  background-color:#e0ecee;
                  margin-bottom:20px;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                  padding:0 0 0 8px;
                  margin:0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                  list-style-type:square;
                  padding:6px 0;
                  font-size:77%;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                  text-decoration:none;
                  font-size:130%;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                  background-color:#eee;
                  margin-bottom:20px;
                  padding:0 8px;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                  padding:8px 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                  font-family:Arial;
                  font-weight:bold;
                  color:#628c2a;
                  font-size:100%;
                  line-height:122%;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                  text-decoration:none;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                  text-decoration:underline;
                  }
                  #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                  margin:0;
                  }
                  o {font-size:0;}
                  .MsoNormal {
                  margin:0 0 0 0;
                  }
                  #ygrp-text tt{
                  font-size:120%;
                  }
                  blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                  .replbq {margin:4;}
                  -->

                • Michael Ivy
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 12, 2007
                    Dear Eric,

                    You're mot welcome to visit out student (really tutor) Blog at

                    http://romelfblog.blogspot.com

                    Do have your students send in their comments as well.

                    And how about British Council Oporto teacher Mark Appleby's students'
                    blog? There is some excellent writing here. Go to:

                    http://britishcouncilhub.blogspot.com

                    All the best,

                    Mike Ivy
                  • Michael Ivy
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007
                      Dear Eric,

                      About visiting our Blog: of course I meant "most welcome", not "mot
                      welcome" - just in case it sounded like "not welcome", which is of
                      course not the case.

                      Sorry for that.

                      Kind regards,

                      Michael Ivy