Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Wordpress won't delete

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 8, 2007
      Susan,

      Hello!

      Am I right? Are you in Venice?

      I have read in several places that cache clearing is crtical for successful
      blogging, especially with Wordpress.

      Can I ask you two Wordpress questions? I think, like my knowledge of WP,
      they are elementary.

      You will see:

      http://andrewanrticlesandstories.wordpress.com

      Barbara Dieu has now cleared up and created a very nice sidebar, which acts
      as an index.

      QUESTION 1

      WHERE!!!!! Sorry, where can I edit the sidebar? How do I get at it?

      QUESTION 2

      My method for putting in new texts, articles or stories is to:

      1. Copy from WORD into NOTEPAD
      2. Paste into NEW PAGE in WP
      3. Publish, making sure the text is under the correct parent (Usually
      Article or Story)
      4. Link to the appropriate 'contents' page by:

      - Writing the name of the text
      - Underlining it
      - Making a link between this list and story/article itself

      QUESTION

      Is all that correct?

      Everything worked well until, suddenly, whatever you clicked on, one and the
      same article appeared!! (That is when I had to call for Barbara).

      Greetings,

      Dennis

    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 8, 2007

        > QUESTION 1
        >
        > WHERE!!!!! Sorry, where can I edit the sidebar? How do I get at it?

        You do not edit the sidebar as it it updated directly from whatever you
        publish.
        So to edit the sidebar you need to check your Manage>Pages section to see if
        the story is not there twice. (Check the titles and if they are inserted
        under the correct parent page)

        QUESTION 2

        > My method for putting in new texts, articles or stories is to:
        >
        > 1. Copy from WORD into NOTEPAD
        > 2. Paste into NEW PAGE in WP
        > 3. Publish, making sure the text is under the correct parent (Usually
        > Article or Story)
        > 4. Link to the appropriate 'contents' page by:
        >
        > - Writing the name of the text
        > - Underlining it
        > - Making a link between this list and story/article itself

        This is correct for articles/stories that are formatted in Word. As I have
        created now the sidebar, you may want to do away with the Contents Page. On
        the other hand, it may be a good idea to keep it as it is as these stories
        are classified again under sub-categories which I have not included in the
        sidebar.

        Warm regards,
        Bee

        Barbara Dieu
        http://dekita.org
        http://beewebhead.net

      • Dennis Newson
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 8, 2007
          Bee and the world - well, the webheads world - thank you but SORRY SORRY! I
          thought my questions were going to an individual.

          Sometimes I try to put one of my many questions to the list to save certain
          webheads from being bombarded with my queries. But these two webheads, and
          Bee is one of them, are always the first to answer my questions from the
          list anyway!

          In gratitude,

          Dennis