Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Examples of learners' blogs?

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 7, 2007
      There is the Dekita Orchard, which shows the most recently updated learner
      blogs which take part in the Exchange (from all over the world and also
      different levels and classes)
      http://dekita.org/orchard/

      Warm regards from Brazil,
      Bee
      PS You may want to check out my student page with links to last year blogs.
      We used Flickr, 43Things and Places and Community Walk
      http://lycee.wordpress.com/classes/2ndes06/

      --
      Barbara Dieu
      http://dekita.org

    • Eric Baber
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
        Thanks Bee and Susana for the links to your students' blogs - that's great!

        All the best

        Eric
      • Susan Kozicki
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
          hi Eric
          Chris and I ran a pilot project with a number of organisations last year in England and Wales. Participating organisations trialled how weblogs could be used in teaching and learning.

          Full reports of the English projects (including blogs urls) can be found at http://www.aclearn.net/display.cfm?page=1570
          Full reports of the Welsh projects (including blog urls) can be found at http://www.aclearn.net/display.cfm?page=1809

          Of particular interest is the Swansea Council for Voluntary Services weblog project case study. The project used weblogs with Community Development Trainees to gather evidence for their Community Development Work National Vocational Qualification.
          Hope this helps
          susan

          ________________________________

          Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Examples of learners' blogs?

          Hi all,

          I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just
          checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find
          they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could
          highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!

          Thanks

          Eric

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Gladys Baya
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
            Might this one be of interest?

            http://caereaders.blogspot.com

            Gladys

            ... Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could highlight? ...
          • Dennis Newson
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
              Gladys,

              Thank's for the blog URL.

              Dennis

            • Carla arena
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                Dear Eric,

                This week, in our EVO session, we made a selection of some specific posts
                with lots of interaction to share with the group. You might like to take a
                look

                http://bloggingforbeginners.pbwiki.com/WeeklyTasks4 (Blogs of the Week)

                Hope it helps.

                good luck.

                carla

                On 2/7/07, Eric Baber <Eric@...> wrote:

                > Hi all,
                >
                > I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just
                > checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find
                > they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could
                > highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Eric

              • CJones
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 9, 2007
                  Hi, Eric,

                  This blog is pretty out of date, but I haven't yet figured out how
                  to use blogs in my new teaching situation.

                  http://esl-internet.blogspot.com/

                  Chris Jones

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Baber"
                  <Eric@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all,
                  >
                  > I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have
                  just
                  > checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to
                  find
                  > they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I
                  could
                  > highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything
                  really!

                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > Eric

                • Maria Jordano
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 11, 2007
                    Hi Eric,

                    This is the one that I have this year with my students: http://inglesturismo0607.blogspot.com/

                    and this one is the one that I had two years ago. As you will see, there are links to other student's blog and they are still posting!!

                    http://lenguainglesaiv.blogspot.com/

                    I hope this helps!

                    MarĂ­a

                    www.mariajordano.com

                    I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just

                    checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find

                    they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could

                    highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!

                    Thanks

                    Eric

                    <!--

                    #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                    #ygrp-text{
                    font-family:Georgia;
                    }
                    #ygrp-text p{
                    margin:0 0 1em 0;
                    }
                    #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                    font-family:Arial;
                    clear:both;
                    }
                    #ygrp-vitnav{
                    padding-top:10px;
                    font-family:Verdana;
                    font-size:77%;
                    margin:0;
                    }
                    #ygrp-vitnav a{
                    padding:0 1px;
                    }
                    #ygrp-actbar{
                    clear:both;
                    margin:25px 0;
                    white-space:nowrap;
                    color:#666;
                    text-align:right;
                    }
                    #ygrp-actbar .left{
                    float:left;
                    white-space:nowrap;
                    }
                    .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                    #ygrp-grft{
                    font-family:Verdana;
                    font-size:77%;
                    padding:15px 0;
                    }
                    #ygrp-ft{
                    font-family:verdana;
                    font-size:77%;
                    border-top:1px solid #666;
                    padding:5px 0;
                    }
                    #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                    padding-bottom:10px;
                    }

                    #ygrp-vital{
                    background-color:#e0ecee;
                    margin-bottom:20px;
                    padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
                    }
                    #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                    font-size:77%;
                    font-family:Verdana;
                    font-weight:bold;
                    color:#333;
                    text-transform:uppercase;
                    }
                    #ygrp-vital ul{
                    padding:0;
                    margin:2px 0;
                    }
                    #ygrp-vital ul li{
                    list-style-type:none;
                    clear:both;
                    border:1px solid #e0ecee;
                    }
                    #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                    font-weight:bold;
                    color:#ff7900;
                    float:right;
                    width:2em;
                    text-align:right;
                    padding-right:.5em;
                    }
                    #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                    font-weight:bold;
                    }
                    #ygrp-vital a {
                    text-decoration:none;
                    }

                    #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                    text-decoration:underline;
                    }

                    #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                    color:#999;
                    font-size:77%;
                    }
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                    padding:6px 13px;
                    background-color:#e0ecee;
                    margin-bottom:20px;
                    }
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                    padding:0 0 0 8px;
                    margin:0;
                    }
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                    list-style-type:square;
                    padding:6px 0;
                    font-size:77%;
                    }
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                    text-decoration:none;
                    font-size:130%;
                    }
                    #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                    background-color:#eee;
                    margin-bottom:20px;
                    padding:0 8px;
                    }
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                    padding:8px 0;
                    }
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                    font-family:Arial;
                    font-weight:bold;
                    color:#628c2a;
                    font-size:100%;
                    line-height:122%;
                    }
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                    text-decoration:none;
                    }
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                    text-decoration:underline;
                    }
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                    margin:0;
                    }
                    o {font-size:0;}
                    .MsoNormal {
                    margin:0 0 0 0;
                    }
                    #ygrp-text tt{
                    font-size:120%;
                    }
                    blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                    .replbq {margin:4;}
                    -->

                  • Michael Ivy
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 12, 2007
                      Dear Eric,

                      You're mot welcome to visit out student (really tutor) Blog at

                      http://romelfblog.blogspot.com

                      Do have your students send in their comments as well.

                      And how about British Council Oporto teacher Mark Appleby's students'
                      blog? There is some excellent writing here. Go to:

                      http://britishcouncilhub.blogspot.com

                      All the best,

                      Mike Ivy
                    • Michael Ivy
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007
                        Dear Eric,

                        About visiting our Blog: of course I meant "most welcome", not "mot
                        welcome" - just in case it sounded like "not welcome", which is of
                        course not the case.

                        Sorry for that.

                        Kind regards,

                        Michael Ivy