Examples of learners' blogs?

  • Eric Baber
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 7, 2007
      Hi all,

      I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just
      checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find
      they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could
      highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!

      Thanks

      Eric
    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 7, 2007
        There is the Dekita Orchard, which shows the most recently updated learner
        blogs which take part in the Exchange (from all over the world and also
        different levels and classes)
        http://dekita.org/orchard/

        Warm regards from Brazil,
        Bee
        PS You may want to check out my student page with links to last year blogs.
        We used Flickr, 43Things and Places and Community Walk
        http://lycee.wordpress.com/classes/2ndes06/

        --
        Barbara Dieu
        http://dekita.org

      • Dennis Newson
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 7, 2007
          Eric,

          You might like to look at:

          http://ctjonline.blogspot.com/

          but scroll through and visit the archives otherwise you might create the
          impression that I was the only person who contributed to the blog.

          Dennis

        • Susana Canelo
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 7, 2007
            Hi Eric:
            this is my blog: http://endelvallesi.blogspot.com and there's a link to my students' blog about Jesus Christ Superstar. Maybe it's out of date too, but in its moment it was such a wonderful experience.
            They saw worked hard and got some feedback, especially the first posts.

            Good luck
            Susana

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
              Thanks Bee and Susana for the links to your students' blogs - that's great!

              All the best

              Eric
            • Susan Kozicki
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                hi Eric
                Chris and I ran a pilot project with a number of organisations last year in England and Wales. Participating organisations trialled how weblogs could be used in teaching and learning.

                Full reports of the English projects (including blogs urls) can be found at http://www.aclearn.net/display.cfm?page=1570
                Full reports of the Welsh projects (including blog urls) can be found at http://www.aclearn.net/display.cfm?page=1809

                Of particular interest is the Swansea Council for Voluntary Services weblog project case study. The project used weblogs with Community Development Trainees to gather evidence for their Community Development Work National Vocational Qualification.
                Hope this helps
                susan

                ________________________________

                Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Examples of learners' blogs?

                Hi all,

                I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just
                checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find
                they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could
                highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!

                Thanks

                Eric

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Gladys Baya
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                  Might this one be of interest?

                  http://caereaders.blogspot.com

                  Gladys

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                    Gladys,

                    Thank's for the blog URL.

                    Dennis

                  • Carla arena
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                      Dear Eric,

                      This week, in our EVO session, we made a selection of some specific posts
                      with lots of interaction to share with the group. You might like to take a
                      look

                      http://bloggingforbeginners.pbwiki.com/WeeklyTasks4 (Blogs of the Week)

                      Hope it helps.

                      good luck.

                      carla

                      On 2/7/07, Eric Baber <Eric@...> wrote:

                      > Hi all,
                      >
                      > I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just
                      > checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find
                      > they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could
                      > highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!
                      >
                      > Thanks
                      >
                      > Eric

                    • CJones
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 9, 2007
                        Hi, Eric,

                        This blog is pretty out of date, but I haven't yet figured out how
                        to use blogs in my new teaching situation.

                        http://esl-internet.blogspot.com/

                        Chris Jones

                        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Baber"
                        <Eric@...> wrote:

                        > Hi all,
                        >
                        > I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have
                        just
                        > checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to
                        find
                        > they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I
                        could
                        > highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything
                        really!

                        > Thanks
                        >
                        > Eric

                      • Maria Jordano
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 11, 2007
                          Hi Eric,

                          This is the one that I have this year with my students: http://inglesturismo0607.blogspot.com/

                          and this one is the one that I had two years ago. As you will see, there are links to other student's blog and they are still posting!!

                          http://lenguainglesaiv.blogspot.com/

                          I hope this helps!

                          María

                          www.mariajordano.com

                          I'm giving a presentation on Web 2.0 in a couple of days and have just

                          checked through my collection of links to learners' blogs, only to find

                          they're all out of date. Does anyone have any good learner blogs I could

                          highlight? They might be class blogs, individual blogs, anything really!

                          Thanks

                          Eric

                          <!--

                          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                          #ygrp-text{
                          font-family:Georgia;
                          }
                          #ygrp-text p{
                          margin:0 0 1em 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                          font-family:Arial;
                          clear:both;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vitnav{
                          padding-top:10px;
                          font-family:Verdana;
                          font-size:77%;
                          margin:0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vitnav a{
                          padding:0 1px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-actbar{
                          clear:both;
                          margin:25px 0;
                          white-space:nowrap;
                          color:#666;
                          text-align:right;
                          }
                          #ygrp-actbar .left{
                          float:left;
                          white-space:nowrap;
                          }
                          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                          #ygrp-grft{
                          font-family:Verdana;
                          font-size:77%;
                          padding:15px 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-ft{
                          font-family:verdana;
                          font-size:77%;
                          border-top:1px solid #666;
                          padding:5px 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                          padding-bottom:10px;
                          }

                          #ygrp-vital{
                          background-color:#e0ecee;
                          margin-bottom:20px;
                          padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                          font-size:77%;
                          font-family:Verdana;
                          font-weight:bold;
                          color:#333;
                          text-transform:uppercase;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital ul{
                          padding:0;
                          margin:2px 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital ul li{
                          list-style-type:none;
                          clear:both;
                          border:1px solid #e0ecee;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                          font-weight:bold;
                          color:#ff7900;
                          float:right;
                          width:2em;
                          text-align:right;
                          padding-right:.5em;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                          font-weight:bold;
                          }
                          #ygrp-vital a {
                          text-decoration:none;
                          }

                          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                          text-decoration:underline;
                          }

                          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                          color:#999;
                          font-size:77%;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                          padding:6px 13px;
                          background-color:#e0ecee;
                          margin-bottom:20px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                          padding:0 0 0 8px;
                          margin:0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                          list-style-type:square;
                          padding:6px 0;
                          font-size:77%;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                          text-decoration:none;
                          font-size:130%;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                          background-color:#eee;
                          margin-bottom:20px;
                          padding:0 8px;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                          padding:8px 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                          font-family:Arial;
                          font-weight:bold;
                          color:#628c2a;
                          font-size:100%;
                          line-height:122%;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                          text-decoration:none;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                          text-decoration:underline;
                          }
                          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                          margin:0;
                          }
                          o {font-size:0;}
                          .MsoNormal {
                          margin:0 0 0 0;
                          }
                          #ygrp-text tt{
                          font-size:120%;
                          }
                          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                          .replbq {margin:4;}
                          -->

                        • Michael Ivy
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 12, 2007
                            Dear Eric,

                            You're mot welcome to visit out student (really tutor) Blog at

                            http://romelfblog.blogspot.com

                            Do have your students send in their comments as well.

                            And how about British Council Oporto teacher Mark Appleby's students'
                            blog? There is some excellent writing here. Go to:

                            http://britishcouncilhub.blogspot.com

                            All the best,

                            Mike Ivy
                          • Michael Ivy
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 14, 2007
                              Dear Eric,

                              About visiting our Blog: of course I meant "most welcome", not "mot
                              welcome" - just in case it sounded like "not welcome", which is of
                              course not the case.

                              Sorry for that.

                              Kind regards,

                              Michael Ivy