male or female?

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      If I were to ask you the gender of the following objects, what would your answer be?

      1) webpages- male or female

      2) photocopiers- male or female

      3) remote control- male or female

      Scroll down and check the answers:

      WEB PAGES: Female, because they're constantly being looked at and frequently getting hit on.

      PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again.

      THE REMOTE CONTROL: Female. Ha! You probably thought it would be male, but consider this: It easily gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know which buttons to push, he just keeps trying

      Male or Female
      > You might not have known this, but a lot of non-living
      >objects are actually either male or female. Here are some examples:
      >

      > FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold everything in, but
      >you can see right through them.
      >

      > PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once turned off; it takes a
      >while to warm them up again.
      >

      > They are an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are
      >pushed, but can also wreak havoc if you push the wrong Buttons.
      >

      > TIRES: Tires are male, because they go bald easily and are often
      >over inflated.
      >

      > HOT AIR BALLOONS: Also a male object, because to get them to go any
      >where, you have to light a fire under their butt
      & gt;

      > SPONGES: These are female, because they are soft, squeezable and
      >retain water.
      >

      > WEB PAGES:
      >Female, because they're constantly being looked at and frequently getting
      >hit on.
      >

      > TRAINS: Definitely male, because they always use the same old lines
      >for picking up people.
      >

      > EGG TIMERS: Egg timers are female because, over time, all the weight
      >shifts to the bottom.
      >

      > HAMMERS: Male, because in the last 5000 years, they've hardly
      >changed at all, and are occasionally handy to have around.
      >

      > THE REMOTE CONTROL: Female. Ha! You probably thought it would be
      >male, but consider this: It easily gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost
      >without it, and while he doesn't always know which buttons to push, he just
      >keeps trying

    • Evelyn Izquierdo
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
        Aiden:
        Your message really made me laugh out loud. Thank you very much.
        Evelyn
        Caracas-Venezuela

        Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...> escribió:
        If I were to ask you the gender of the following objects, what would your answer be?

        1) webpages- male or female

        2) photocopiers- male or female

        3) remote control- male or female

        Scroll down and check the answers:

        WEB PAGES: Female, because they're constantly being looked at and frequently getting hit on.

        PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again.

        THE REMOTE CONTROL: Female. Ha! You probably thought it would be male, but consider this: It easily gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know which buttons to push, he just keeps trying

        Male or Female
        > You might not have known this, but a lot of non-living
        >objects are actually either male or female. Here are some examples:
        >

        > FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold everything in, but
        >you can see right through them.
        >

        > PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once turned off; it takes a
        >while to warm them up again.
        >

        > They are an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are
        >pushed, but can also wreak havoc if you push the wrong Buttons.
        >

        > TIRES: Tires are male, because they go bald easily and are often
        >over inflated.
        >

        > HOT AIR BALLOONS: Also a male object, because to get them to go any
        >where, you have to light a fire under their butt
        & gt;

        > SPONGES: These are female, because they are soft, squeezable and
        >retain water.
        >

        > WEB PAGES:
        >Female, because they're constantly being looked at and frequently getting
        >hit on.
        >

        > TRAINS: Definitely male, because they always use the same old lines
        >for picking up people.
        >

        > EGG TIMERS: Egg timers are female because, over time, all the weight
        >shifts to the bottom.
        >

        > HAMMERS: Male, because in the last 5000 years, they've hardly
        >changed at all, and are occasionally handy to have around.
        >

        > THE REMOTE CONTROL: Female. Ha! You probably thought it would be
        >male, but consider this: It easily gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost
        >without it, and while he doesn't always know which buttons to push, he just
        >keeps trying

        Evelyn Izquierdo
        Profesora de Inglés
        Escuela de Educación