Re: BubbleShare back/Thanks [&] Whoops!

  • Buthaina Al-Othman
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
      Hala, forgot to let you know that I'm in Beirut, Lebanon; arrived here
      a couple of days ago; eventually, my furniture arrived and will be
      moving from a hotel to my place soon; and of course will be back home
      in Kuwait by the end of this week, since the Spring Semester starts,
      on Sat, Jan 10, 2007.

      All is well here and safe. BTW, this message is also meant to all of
      you Webheads colleagues and friends everywhere...And a big thank you,
      to Vance for all the things he's been doing for us/the world..You,
      Vance, really deserve the Socrates Prize.

      Again, thank you, Vance and all Webheads for everything :)

      Buth

      In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Buthaina Al-Othman"
      <buthaina_3@...> wrote:

      > Dear Hala,
      >
      > All I wanted to say: I LOVE YOU! You made me laugh out loud;
      > seriously,I like your subtle sense of humor..Thanks a lot and
      > Congratulations....Kuwait is still under-development..Mabrook habibti..
      >
      > Buth
      > PS Have lots of similar stories with my previous Kuwaiti ISP to tell
      > you one day...Hope to meet you face-to-face one day, Hala..Your
      > students are surely lucky.
      >
      > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Hala" <haloolahakema@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > Earlier on this list, I posted about Bubbleshare being blocked. The
      > > day before yesterday ,to my surprise, I found that Blogger com is also
      > > blocked! I turned into a mad woman( men know how that would be of
      > > course ).I called the telecommunication company, as they
      > put their
      > > "how to reach them " button in a big and clear font)After a furious
      > > talk, and to my big surprise, the man was very cooperative ,
      > > listened attentively , took the URL's and among my speech, I said
      > > something about having blocked a website before and I didn't
      > > complained. The man was very keen to listen about types of these
      > > websites and promised to call back.
      > > Guess what? Yesterday, ALL were back with a telephone call of apology
      > > .I began to think whether Sudan *really *developing!!!!]
      > > Thanks for lending a helping hand . Thanks Vance
      > >
      > > Hala

    • Hala Fawzi
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 7, 2007
        Habibati Al Galia Buth,
        I am so sorry for the delay in replying to your sweet message.Lately, I set my email here to "no emails" until baw finishes.You know how it feels !!
        I am so happy for you, changing places will change many other important areas in one's life, to the best of course.I hope it is safe now with all what we I watch on the news.
        Congratulations!
        Are your kids with you?
        Now I have a dear in Lebanon if I thought one day to touch the snow!
        Thank to you too, Buth.You have inspired so many times, and you will always.You also deserve a prize!
        Tight hugs,

        <buthaina_3@...> wrote:

        > Dear Hala,
        >
        > All I wanted to say: I LOVE YOU! You made me laugh out loud;
        > seriously,I like your subtle sense of humor..Thanks a lot and
        > Congratulations....Kuwait is still under-development..Mabrook habibti..
        >
        > Buth
        > PS Have lots of similar stories with my previous Kuwaiti ISP to tell
        > you one day...Hope to meet you face-to-face one day, Hala..Your
        > students are surely lucky.
        >
        > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Hala" <haloolahakema@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > Earlier on this list, I posted about Bubbleshare being blocked. The
        > > day before yesterday ,to my surprise, I found that Blogger com is also
        > > blocked! I turned into a mad woman( men know how that would be of
        > > course ).I called the telecommunication company, as they
        > put their
        > > "how to reach them " button in a big and clear font)After a furious
        > > talk, and to my big surprise, the man was very cooperative ,
        > > listened attentively , took the URL's and among my speech, I said
        > > something about having blocked a website before and I didn't
        > > complained. The man was very keen to listen about types of these
        > > websites and promised to call back.
        > > Guess what? Yesterday, ALL were back with a telephone call of apology
        > > .I began to think whether Sudan *really *developing!!!!]
        > > Thanks for lending a helping hand . Thanks Vance
        > >
        > > Hala

        Hala in warm Sudan