Montreal College opens campus in SL

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2007
      I still haven't taken the time to enter Second Life since I'm so busy with my first, but I continue to be intrigued by all the developments. A college here in Montreal has just opened a campus in SL and charges full tuition for students to take courses. Here's a link to the college site: http://www.ilasallecampus.com/en/Second_life.html

      And the intro cut and pasted from the site:

      LaSalle College has become the first Canadian school to open a campus in the virtual world of Second Life, where it will offer long-distance training programs. Second Life is a 3D world with its own economy that brings together 2.6 million Internet users from all over the planet. This pavilion will be a three-dimensional meeting place for students living across Québec and the world; from the comfort of their own homes, they will attend their instructors’ lectures and talk to their classmates.

      Jane (in the real world of Montreal which currently checks in at -20C)