audio forum on strategies that work for NNEST teachers

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2007
      Dear Webheads,

      I know that many of you are busy now that the EVOnline sessions are in full swing. Some are probably having their winter vacation. Busy or not, I hope that you would take some time to participate in my audio forum about strategies that work for NNEST teachers.

      Ahmar Mahboob and I together with the other TESOL NNEST Caucus leaders will be presenting at the NNEST Spotlight session at the TESOL 2007 Conference in Seattle. The topic is about empowering NNEST teachers. Each of the presenters will have their own focus topic, but I would like to share my own experiences as a Webhead and how the community has helped me in terms of developing not only my skills but my whole outlook in teaching and professional development. I'll also be mentioning the importance of establishing an online presence- and using it to expand your professional clout. In TESOL, it is important to know who the experts are and how you could learn from them. I'll then highlight the most important message which is the constant need to improve our craft and look beyond the issues that often marginilize NNEST teachers, because in the end it boils down not on the color of one's skin but how good you perform as a teacher.

      If you're a NNEST, and if you think that this community has helped you in more ways than one, and if you have other strategies or practical suggestions to help boost NNESTs morale and help them get on their feet, then please share with us your ideas.

      The audio forum is at chinswing
      http://chinswing.com/pages/discussion.aspx?id=feda48a8-85ee-4ea2-9501-8f76a075ed19

      or go to http://chinswing.com, browse under Education channel

      Thanks in advance.