Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Webheads in Facebook

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2007
      I am there, too :-)

      Daf
      --- Nina Liakos <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

      > Okay, Vance, I joined your facebook webheads, which
      > seems to be
      > primarily your family at this point! (I already had
      > an account
      > because it has been in use at UM and I joined last
      > summer in order to
      > be able to view pictures of the AGU in America
      > program on the page of
      > one of our student mentors, Jiwon Moon!
      >
      > Nina
      > >
      > > And then find the Webhead group, and we can
      > discover another highly
      > > textured way of interacting.
      > >
      > > Enjoy and have F.U.N.
      > >
      > > Vance

      Need Mail bonding?
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 22, 2007
        It is interesting how Facebook expands your horizons into your friends and
        their circle of friends etc. It might add an interesting dimension to what
        we already know about one another. It is certainly a good illustration of
        what your kids are doing and how they are contacting others in their
        personal social networks.

        more later,

        > Okay, Vance, I joined your facebook webheads, which seems to be
        > primarily your family at this point! (I already had an account
        > because it has been in use at UM and I joined last summer in order to
        > be able to view pictures of the AGU in America program on the page of
        > one of our student mentors, Jiwon Moon!
        >
        > Nina
        >>
        >> And then find the Webhead group, and we can discover another highly
        >> textured way of interacting.
        >>
        >> Enjoy and have F.U.N.
        >>
        >> Vance

      • Carla arena
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 22, 2007
          Dear Vance,

          In Brazil, Orkut was a hit! So, I had to join it because of my students and
          every time they learned I was part of the community, they thought I was a
          "cool" teacher and added me to their community. Many of them sent me scraps.
          Now, they're all heading to my space. And I'm sure they will be soon in SL
          as a Brazilian company negotiated with the SL guys and now we'll have Brazil
          there, the first "foreign" country in SL.

          These networks have proved to add a new dimension to the kind of
          relationship we establish with our students. It certainly demands more time
          on our part to interact with them, but it's rewarding and simply addictive!

          Beijos,

          Carla in Key West now!!!