Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Daf's course on architecture: recording?

  • David Winet
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2007
      Hi all,

      I'd like to point you to www.mychingo.com as a possible alternate solution
      to Vaestro, for two reasons:

      1. the audio is CRYSTAL clear, unlike all the other online recording
      programs I've used, including Vaestro, Springdoo, and others. A huge
      plus, esp. for L2 learners. (Exception: http://www.Chinswing.com also
      has wonderful clarity but until the new version is out, it's a little bit
      challenging to set up.)

      2. the little recording/listening box sits right on your web page, very
      accessible.

      Downside:

      No neatly organized categories, etc. unlike Vaestro.

      Love to hear what you think. You can see examples at http://www.study.com
      and
      http://tinyurl.com/y5gwr3 (our EVO workshop page)

      Dave Winet

      On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Dennis Newson wrote:

      > Daf,
      > Did I manage to get a recording on Vaestro this time?
      >

      > Dennis
      > --
      >

      > Dennis Newson (retired)
      > University Osnabrück
      > CETEFL-L, Germany-English,
      > EFLTU etc.

    • Dafne
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2007
        Hi David,

        I have been using MyChingo for a while, it is a very
        nice application. However, I have had some problems
        when I have most needed it (an exam), and my students
        had to use Springdoo instead. I have different
        MyChingo accounts for my different audiences.

        This trimester, I wanted to introduce another
        application, so my students can expand their
        repertoire of tools.

        These are the tools my students use to communicate
        with me:

        http://dafnegonzalez.com/id2125/content/oncontact.html

        I decided not to use Chinswing because it needs to be
        downloaded which was going to be complicated since my
        students work from different computers (our lab, home,
        Cad lab, friends, cybers, etc.)

        We will also be using Podomatic

        It is nice to hear what people think about the
        different tools according to their own experience :-)

        Cheers,

        Daf

        mailto:evonline2002_webheads-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://new.mail.yahoo.com