Second Life session from NMC 5 pm GMT Monday

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2007
      Dennis,

      That's a nice little site. I like the way it explains, illustrated, how to
      achieve interesting effects in web pages using HTML. The instructions are
      quite easy to follow. I'm often asked what's the point of teaching HTML,
      and sites such as this, with the implication that you can dress up your blog
      if you know the code, provide an answer.

      I wanted to pass on this information, which I've been sitting on the last 12
      hours. It's a repost from a list email, and I think the invitation is a
      general one. I plan to be there:

      You're invited to join us tomorrow for the first 2007 NMC Teacher's Buzz
      Session, at 9:00 AM PST Check your local time -
      http://timeanddate.com/s/9da). We're visiting the Otis College of Art &
      Design's new Gallery on EduIsland (SLURL- http://tinyurl.com/wh7eu).

      The Teacher's Buzz group meets every 2 weeks in world, and is open to anyone
      teaching, or interested in teaching, in Second Life.. We hold informal
      discussion sessions and take field trips... stay in touch by joining the NMC
      Teachers Buzz Group. See also the archive of past sessions at
      http://www.nmc.org/campus/Teachers_Buzz_Session

      Alan Levine aka CDB Barkley
      NMC: The New Media Consortium: sparking innovative learning and creativity

      NMC Campus Observer - What's going on at our place in Second Life:
      http://www.nmc.org/sl/

      best,

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2007
        Thanks, Vance, for the Second Life information. I shall certainly join the
        group, but (as always) I am due to go out to some function or other this
        evening.

        Cheers,

        Dennis