Webheads in Action Online Convergence in May 2007

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I've been working on organizing our next WiAOC convergence/conference in May
      2007.

      The first thing we have to decide on is a date. I've left a recording at
      http://vance_stevens.podomatic.com where you can listen to a short intro and
      comment on when would be best for you if you like. If you comment I'll use
      that toward reaching a consensus.

      You can also link from there to the conference site at http://wiaoc.org .
      There is a mirror at http://www.wiaoc.org, so use the one that works for
      you.

      I've put a planning file in place (just click on planning) with goals for
      January, Feb etc, to bring us up to conference time in May.

      If you'd like to help please get in touch with us, on or off list.

      I'll leave you to absorb what's there rather than filling up this email but
      from noon GMT this coming Sunday I plan to be at http://www.tappedin.org.
      From there we might move to a voice client, whatever is working for
      everyone, and later on Worldbridges will be coming online to carry on the
      conversation.

      I hope by the end of that time to have settled on a weekend for our
      convergence, so if you plan to be involved and one of those weekends in May
      is NOT good for you, please let us know that in particular. At the moment,
      the first and last weekends in May are not looking so good, but we have the
      middle two, and also possibly the first week in June.

      Please comment at the podblog, if you wish, or join us on Sunday live and
      online to help us plan WiAOC 2007

      Incidentally, artifacts created for this conference should be tagged
      wiaoc2007.

      Till then,

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 16, 2007
        Hi John, and everyone,

        To John,

        I began writing this to the list, thinking that you had posted it there.
        Having already composed my message, I will go ahead and send it to all,
        though I notice now that the recipient was simply John Hibbs. I'm sure you
        don't mind that the impetus came from your personal email, but that email
        was well timed, in that I have been meaning to write the list on this topic
        for some time now.

        To all,

        We agreed to shoot for May 2007 for the next WiAOC some time ago. Not sure
        how decisions get made at Webheads, but we manage to emerge with some aura
        of collective will.

        I appreciate your responding to my original posting. It reminds me that I
        originally requested input from the Webheads community. Those who responded
        have been co-opted into a Steering Committee. We have by now decided on a
        date and a theme for our conference. The date is May 18-20 and the theme is
        CONNECT: Conversations on Networking, Education, Communities, and
        Technology.

        This information and a link to a planning page can be found at
        http://wiaoc.org . The planning page amounts to my complete report on the
        situation with WiAOC to date, so if interested, please read there.

        There is a lot of work to be done and there is room for wide participation
        for those who would like to volunteer. Volunteers are always welcome.
        There is a job for every volunteer. Just get your name on our list and
        we'll match you to a task.

        At the moment we are trying to decide on who to invite as keynote speakers.
        The exact deliberations are perhaps the one part of our conference that
        might be somewhat sensitive, so I don't really feel we can debate openly on
        this list regarding whom to invite. But if any webeads would like to
        propose someone, we are at the moment open to input and you could write me
        off-list with your suggestions, vstevens@....

        For keynote speakers we try to find people who will lend stature and breadth
        to our conference, and bring in voices from outside the community. Webheads
        are of course welcome to make presentations at our conference, but I feel
        that the keynotes should be people we don't interact with normally, but who
        in their respective spheres promote our principles. The keynotes should be
        people that YOU would like to hear from during our conference, but also
        people you might not just write an email to, as you would to any Webhead.

        Thanks, and looking forward to having more feedback and support,