- Forwarding from the DDN list - I believe some of the webheads are also
members of Santec, which has been holding some interesting conferences
in the past years.
Dear Colleagues and Members,
SANTEC is a global enabling network of educational technology practitioners
with an interest in educational technology in developing environments. The
aim of the SANTEC is to be a community of practice that facilitates and
supports collaborative ventures and effects synergies amongst members.
SANTEC started its operations in June 2003 and now have more than 1000
members from across the world. SANTEC draws together individuals, institutes
of higher education, private sector organizations and other institutions as
a community of practice in an ultimately financially sustainable programme
of research, training and professional services in educational technology
thereby creating regional connections and effecting synergies among members.
SANTEC maintains a strong community of active members through its online
collaboration environment and an international board. You are invited to
register as a SANTEC member in the new SANTEC collaboration environment at
http://kngforge.uwc.ac.za/santec where you can participate in wiki projects,
start your own blog, meet other members, participate in online seminars,
experience pod casting, have a CHAT and much more!
1. A face-to-face SANTEC conference is planned for 2008 in Cape Town, South
Africa - more details to follow...
2. The first seminar in the 2007 Online Seminar Series will be "Pod casting
in e-learning" and will take place in February 2007 (week will be
announced). The presenter is Prof Derek Keats, Executive Director,
Information & Communication Services, University of the Western Cape, South
Africa. More info to follow...
Some of the important advantages to join SANTEC are:
- There are NO membership fees. Don't delay - register in the new SANTEC
- Access to the SANTEC online collaboration site where you can create a
personal homepage, participate in wiki projects, start your own blog, meet
other members, participate in online seminars, experience pod casting, have
a CHAT and much more! Go to http://kngforge.uwc.ac.za/santec/
- Access to regular online seminars on pertinent topics
- Access to the weekly SANTEC Newsletter with relevant international news
- Access to the SANTEC Email List
- Recognized status as a member of an esteemed network
- Receiving support in Educational Technology projects
- Possible consultancies
- Opportunities for participation in pertinent regional research projects
- Being kept informed of the latest developments in educational technology
- Networking with professionals in the field
- Reduced conference fees
- Reduced subscription fees to SANTEC Publications
- Participating at reduced rates in relevant training and education
programmes....and maybe more importantly, SANTEC is a mechanism whereby you
could make a positive contribution regarding educational technology in
developing environments through active participation and posting of relevant
information through the SANTEC Email Discussion List and in the wiki of the
SANTEC collaboration site active participation in the online seminars active
participation in the wiki projects.
Anticipating active participation from you in the SANTEC education and
* You are further welcome to join the SANTEC Email Discussion list by
completing the form at
* Also subscribe to the weekly SANTEC newsletter by completing the form at
A Happy New Year and kind regards from SANTEC.
Fouad Riaz Bajwa
Member of the Board (Asia)
Identification of relevant projects
SANTEC – Educational Technology For Development